Caramel Cookie Cups
Are you ready for a little piece of caramel heaven? These Caramel Cookie Cups are that and then some! They are sinfully sweet with a creamy smooth caramel filling and surrounded by a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie cup. All that amazing flavour fits into the palm of your hand. This time around I used the regular sized muffin tin so there is more cookie cup love to enjoy.
Caramel Cookie Cups
Rich, decadent, and downright addictive is what you will find with these cookie cups. If you are a fan of sweets this recipe is one that is easy to whip up.
What Type of Cookie Dough Do You Use
I used Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. I wish my stores carried more variety. All we have here is the chocolate chip. I think a sugar cookie dough would be really good next to the caramel. Feel free to use any of your favorite cookie dough.
Could I Use a Homemade Cookie Dough in Place of Store-Bought
Yes, you can use any type of homemade cookie dough in replacing. Just make sure if the dough needs to refrigerate before it cooks then to follow those directions.
Do You Have to Push Down the Center of Cookie Cups
Yes, you will need to stay close by the oven while the cookie cups are baking. You’ll have to deflate the middle a couple of times so they take that nice cup shape. Otherwise, you might have a whole different kind of dessert!
I found that taking a spoon and pushing down gently worked great at getting the center to deflate. Then toss it right back in the oven and let it finish cooking.
What is the Filling for these Cookie Cups
Let’s talk about the filling. This is my favourite part of the dessert. The filling is made from an entire package of cream cheese, icing sugar (otherwise known as powdered sugar) and a can of Eagle Brand Dulce de Leche Caramel Sauce. I had a coupon for this new Eagle Brand product and was looking forward to trying it out in a recipe. The caramel is beautiful. Glossy and smooth. I could have eaten from the can with a spoon, but I held back.
How to Make Dulce de Leche
I know this product is on Canadian grocery store shelves, but I’m not sure what is available in other regions. You can always make your own caramel sauce from sweetened condensed milk.
Can I Use Caramel Instead of Dulce de Leche
Absolutely. Dulce de Leche is very similar to caramel, it is just made with sweetened condensed milk. It offers a thicker and creamier texture. But you are more than welcome to use caramel sauce in replace. It is just as good, it is all about what you have or what your personal preference is.
Nuts or No Nuts
I finished off the cookie cups by topping them with a pecan and drizzling some caramel ice cream topping. My mom and dad were here and had a few and raved about how good they were. I told my mom how easy they were to make. In fact, I’ll show you.
What did you think? I’m starting to get into doing more recipe videos. They aren’t as hard as I thought they would be to do. For this one, I used my new tripod.
I’ve got more cookie cups in the works so get ready!
How to Make Caramel Cookie Cups
First you want to preheat the oven and grab your muffin pan. Then work at putting the cookie dough into each muffin tin and baking accordingly. Make sure to press it down during the baking process so that the center doesn’t rise up.
Then work on creating your cream cheese filling. Once cookies have cooled you will dish in your filling and then top with extra caramel sauce and nuts and serve away!
Want even more cookie recipes
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies | A really easy and buttery shortbread cookie recipe that will win over the family. I love this recipe and highly recommend making it.
- Fudge Cookies | Chocolate fudgy cookies that will melt in your mouth. I make these a lot for cookie swaps and they are always a hit.
- Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies | Sweet, crunchy, chewy, and downright addictive. Make a cookie that stands out in flavor!
How to Store Caramel Cookie Cups
Because of the cream cheese filling, you will need to store these cookies in the fridge. Simply cover in an airtight container and store for 4-6 days in the fridge.
If you prefer them at room temperature sit it out a bit before you go to serve them for a warmer cream cheese filling.
Can You Freeze These Cookie Cups
I would recommend freezing the cookie cups by themselves. Then when you are ready to thaw make up the cream cheese mixture and spoon it into the center. I find that cream cheese tends to break down when it is thawed after being frozen.
What is your favourite kind of cookie?
Caramel Cookie Cups
This Caramel Cookie Cups recipe is sinfully sweet with a creamy smooth caramel filling and surrounded by a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie cup.
- 1 package refrigerated cookie mix
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar)
- 1 can Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce
- Pecans, as desired
- Caramel topping, as desired
- Preheat oven according to directions on cookie package
- Slice the prepared cookie mix and press each slice into a greased mini muffin tin to form a cup. Bake for about 7 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven when cups are rising. Take a small spoon and deflate the centers of the cups while leaving the sides of the cookie cup untouched. Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Again, remove from oven and with a small spoon, deflate the centers of the cups while leaving the sides of the cookie cup untouched.
- Place back in the oven again and finish baking until the cookie cups are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, icing sugar and caramel sauce together until light and fluffy.
- Place cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the cooled cookie cups with a decorative tip.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, top with pecans and drizzle caramel topping over the cookie cups.