Caramel Cookie Cups
Are you ready for a little piece of caramel heaven? These Caramel Cookie Cups are that and then some! They are sinfully sweet with a creamy smooth caramel filling and surrounded by a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie cup. All that amazing flavour fits into the palm of your hand. This time around I used the regular sized muffin tin so there is more cookie cup love to enjoy.
I used Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. I wish my stores carried more variety. All we have here is chocolate chip.
You will need to stay close by the oven while the cookie cups are baking. You’ll have to deflate the middle a couple times so they take that nice cup shape. Otherwise you might have a whole different kind of dessert!
Caramel Cookie Cups
This Caramel Cookie Cups recipe is sinfully sweet with a creamy smooth caramel filling and surrounded by a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie cup.
- 1 package refrigerated cookie mix
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar)
- 1 can Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce
- Pecans, as desired
- Caramel topping, as desired
- Preheat oven according to directions on cookie package
- Slice the prepared cookie mix and press each slice into a greased mini muffin tin to form a cup. Bake for about 7 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven when cups are rising. Take a small spoon and deflate the centers of the cups while leaving the sides of the cookie cup untouched. Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Again, remove from oven and with a small spoon, deflate the centers of the cups while leaving the sides of the cookie cup untouched.
- Place back in the oven again and finish baking until the cookie cups are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, icing sugar and caramel sauce together until light and fluffy.
- Place cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the cooled cookie cups with a decorative tip.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, top with pecans and drizzle caramel topping over the cookie cups.
Let’s talk about the filling. This is my favourite part of the dessert. The filling is made from an entire package of cream cheese, icing sugar (otherwise known as powdered sugar) and a can of Eagle Brand Dulce de Leche Caramel Sauce. I had a coupon for this new Eagle Brand product and was looking forward to trying it out in a recipe. The caramel is beautiful. Glossy and smooth. I could have eaten from the can with a spoon, but I held back.
I know this product is on Canadian grocery store shelves, but I’m not sure what is available in other regions. You can always make your own caramel sauce from sweetened condensed milk.
I finished off the cookie cups by topping them with a pecan and drizzling some caramel ice cream topping. My mom and dad were here and had a few and raved about how good they were. I told my mom how easy they were to make. In fact, I’ll show you. Watch my video of the recipe!
What did you think? I’m starting to get into doing more recipe videos. They aren’t as hard as I thought they would be to do. For this one, I used my new tripod.
I’ve got more cookie cups in the works so get ready!
What is your favourite kind of cookie?