Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
These Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins are a mini frittata made with bacon, onions, cheese and spinach. Always a breakfast fave!
When I was following a low carb diet, I ate a lot of eggs. In fact, one of my favourite meals was a simple egg and bacon frittata. Not only was it easy to make, but it was filling and so good. I never felt like I was eating “diet food”.
It almost feels too good to be true. Like how can I lose weight eating such yummy food. Yet, it happens!
Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
This week, I decided to make frittatas, but on a smaller scale. I whipped up a batch of these Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins for breakfast and they were amazing!
They had all my frittata favourites like bacon, onion and cheese and I added in some spinach for an extra kick of colour (and iron).
I used fresh baby spinach, but you could also use frozen spinach if you like. Just make sure you squeeze out all the extra water before mixing it in.
If you wanted it to be a vegetarian recipe, leave out the bacon, but remember to add some oil or butter to the onions when you fry them up.
The sky is the limit when creating unique ways to make egg muffins. You can pretty much use any ingredient you like. I’ve made them a bunch of different ways depending on what I had in the house.
How to Make Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
They are super easy to whip for a quick and delicious low carb breakfast.
Start by spraying a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Beat together the eggs. Add in the shredded cheese and stir.
In a frying pan, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cook for another 3 minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Add the spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir. Ladle the mixture into the muffin pan. Be careful to not overfill.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the egg muffins.
To easily loosen, use a butter knife to loose the sides of the muffins and then gently remove with a fork.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for more egg recipes for breakfast? Check out these delicious recipes.
- Scrambled Egg Casserole: A delicious twist on scrambled eggs! Serve as a holiday breakfast or brunch.
- Spicy Egg Muffins: Prepare for a flavour explosion! This bite-sized breakfast packs a spicy punch and is super easy to whip up.
- Chicken and Egg Ramekins: A brunch recipe your family will love! Chicken, eggs, cheese and fresh basil are baked to perfection in a ramekin.
- Oven Scrambled Eggs: Got guests? Here is your perfect breakfast.
What are your favourite ingredients for egg muffins?
- 6 to 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups of spinach
- 12 eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray cooking spray in a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs. Add the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stove, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in spinach and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Ladle the egg mixture into a muffin pan being careful to not overfill the muffin cups. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan. I found it easy to loosen the sides of the muffins with a butter knife and then gently remove them with a fork.
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
- OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 egg muffin
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 100 Total Fat: 8.7g Saturated Fat: 3.6g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 4.3g Cholesterol: 18.6mg Sodium: 158.4mg Carbohydrates: 1.3g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 0.5g Protein: 4.1g
You Will Also Love
If you liked this post, you will also love these ones!