Handmade soap makes a lovely gift. It’s something you can create easily at home and won’t cost a fortune. Your recipient will be so impressed when they open this beautiful soap. This Lemon Shea Butter Soap is one of the loveliest soaps I’ve made. I’ve made a bunch and am wrapping them up for gift giving. Shhhhh.
This post contains affiliate links.
I also recommend you buy a silicone soap mold. They will make your life so much easier! Don’t bother with the cheap plastic molds. The silicone molds are the way to go! You can use them in baking too if you like. Multi-purpose for the win!
Do you know anyone who would love to receive a beautiful homemade soap?
- 1 lb Shea butter melt & pour soap base, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 tsp yellow soap colorant
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- Silicone soap mold
- Add soap to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Microwave an additional 10 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until soap is melted.
- Stir in soap colorant and essential oil. Pour into a silicone mold.
- Let sit for 40 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature until hardened. Remove from silicone mold by gentling pushing on the bottom.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.