Wild Blueberry Vanilla Shea Butter Soap
This post contains affiliate links.
A recent trip to a local Bulk Barn inspired this easy soap recipe. I discovered dried wild blueberries and thought they’d work perfectly in a soap. Dried fruit will last much longer than fresh and let you be able to enjoy the soap for more time. It will also allow you to make extras to give away as gifts. Christmas is just around the corner!
Wild blueberries are plentiful in the Ottawa Valley. I’ve been to our local blueberry farm many times. I also remember picking wild blueberries at a family friend’s cottage and then making blueberry pancakes. They are delish!
Dried wild blueberries are smaller than regular blueberries and look like little raisins. They have a slight purplish tinge to them and look beautiful paired with a white soap base. Here I used a Shea butter melt & pour soap base, but a goat’s milk soap base would also work nicely.
Makes 4 bars
I added some vanilla soap fragrance to give the soap a pretty scent. They look lovely and smell even better!
Wrap them in some twine and make your own personalized gift tag for gift giving. Your friends and family will think you are so talented making your own soap. Little do they know is just how darn easy it is. We’ll keep it as our little secret. Shhhh.
Will you make this soap to keep or give it as a gift?
- 1 lb Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap base, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp dried wild blueberries
- 20 drops vanilla soap scent
- Silicone soap mold
- Spread 1/4 cup dried wild blueberries evenly across the bottom of four silicone soap molds.Add soap base to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 10 seconds and stir. Keep microwaving at 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add vanilla soap scent to mixture and stir. Pour into soap mold. Top with 2 tbsp of dried wild blueberries.
- Leave at room temperature for a minimum of 40 minutes to harden. Once it has firmed up, push on the bottom of the soap mold to release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shea Butter - 2 Lbs Melt and Pour Soap Base - Our Earth's Secrets
Silicone Molds [Petite Loaf, 12 Cup] Cupcake Baking Pan - Free Paper Muffin Cups - Non Stick, BPA Free, 100% Silicon & Dishwasher Safe Silicon Bakeware Tin - Kitchen Rubber Tray & Soap Molds
Life of the Party Vanilla Fragrance.50 fl oz, Dark