DIY Coffee Body Scrub

Don’t throw away those coffee grounds after your morning pot of coffee! Instead, save them and make this DIY Coffee Body Scrub either for yourself to use, give as a gift or both.

From what I’ve read online, caffeine can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft and hydrated. This scrub is so easy to make and I bet you may even have most (if not all) of the ingredients in your house right now. You can use the jelly jars to store the scrub and it makes for a thoughtful and inexpensive gift.

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

In a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, coffee grounds, olive oil and mix well. Add the scrub to your 4 oz. jelly jars.

Print and cut out the labels and place on the lid; the metal ring will hold the label in place.For a more rustic look, you could also use a hole puncher to punch a hole in the top of the label and then look through with twine and tie around the lid.

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

Makes 4­5 4 oz. Jelly jars. The recipe can also be made smaller or larger depending on how much you would like to make.

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

2014 Holiday Gift Guide

Comments

1. Darlene Schuller says

This looks pretty awesome. My daughter is totally into making her own beauty products. I’m sure she’ll love this, guess I should pick up some jars and more olive oil! Thank you.

I just saw this on TV…they were talking about using coffee grounds because it is good for antioxidants and caffeine. Very interesting. I knew putting the grounds on your plants was good for them. So many studies and uses for coffee right now. Maybe you should make yourself another cut. :)

3. Elizabeth Matthiesen says

Wow, 4­5 4 oz. Jelly jars that’s enough to give away as presents too :-) I’m a coffee girl through and through so this is especially appealing to me. Thanks for the recipe.

4. Lynda Cook says

well this is interesting, I love my coffee and the aroma of coffee too, so this would be pretty awesome to make

5. Merry says

What a good way to enjoy my morning coffee twice! I love homemade beauty products, as it’s so nice to know what is in them.

6. Jo-Ann Brightman says

This is a great recipe for a body scrub. My only problem would be that the odor would probably drive me crazy wanting some coffee.and I want to drink less coffee.

7. Tammy S says

I love this! My daughter loves to make different kinds of body scrubs. I am going to have her make a bunch of this for Mother’s Day for my mom, sisters, and myself! Thank you for sharing this!

8. M.Clark says

I think DIY skin care products are the best, because you know exactly what goes into it and you don’t have to worry about any harsh chemicals. I think it makes a great gift, thank you for sharing this recipe.

9. Debbie W says

Most obvious is the least obvious. I never thought of this, but it makes sense. It’s worth a try. Thank you.

10. Nevaeh P says

Hi, I absolutely love this recipe so I tried it out. I need a little help with what went wrong. I used white sugar and extra virgin olive oil. There seemed to be way too much oil in mine and as soon as I stopped mixing, everything settled to the bottom and left a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil on top. Mine also never thickened to look like the lovely picture you have. Help!

• Gina says

When I saw the list of ingredients, it seemed like way too much oil to make it look like the picture. I ended up just adding more sugar and coffee until I got it the consistency I wanted.

11. Sarah Oswald says

I cant wait to go to the store to find coconut oil so I can make this. My sister would love this! I will try it first before giving as a gift but I think I will love it!!! Thanks for the idea and recipe for it!

• Kate says

Coffee is the main ingredient here. It’s what is going to be making your skin tight and lovely. The olive oil is what will help the coffee stick to itself, and stick to your body, he olive oil is also a great moisturiser.. You don’t really need coconut oil. Coconut oil has a lot of really good things in it for your skin but for this particular recipe it won’t be bad if you leave it out. Just add some more olive oil if you find that the coffee scrub turns out too rough. I’ve made coffee scrub with and without coconut oil, there’s not a huge difference just need a little more olive oil to make the texture nicer on the skin I suppose. :)

12. Kelly says

Totally cool recipe. I have been looking for a good sugar scrub. So thanks for the recipe…but then also really cute little labels! you rock :)

13. DARLENE W says

I don’t know if I could walk around all day smelling like coffee. But some people can, what a great idea for the grandkids to make for gifts

14. Alexa Nernberg says

A nice easy recipe for Coffee Body Scrub that coffee drinkers are sure to love. I would never have thought about Coffee Body Scrub. Thanks for the idea and sharing your recipe Stacie. I think this would make a nice hostess gift for Thanksgiving

15. Priscilla S. says

Love this idea! I enjoy DIY beauty and making things myself. It’s great to know exactly what is going into my products. I bet this scrub smells amazing!

16. Rama says

“2­3 tbsp olive oil”…!! Olive oil is a nightmare to try and get off – You come out of the shower all sticky, slippy, gooey, yuck!

17. Anna says

I am making this now and there has to be something off on the olive oil measurements. While I love coconut and olive oils, I’m in the process of adding more sugar and coffee to try to thicken this up. It does, however, smell amazing.

18. ellen chevarie says

I love homade products,i also love to keep it simple and this recipe fits the bill.oh and coconut is my favorite scent.fabulous!

19. Melissa S says

Thank you for the printable labels and the recipe. I am definitely going to add this to my gift making projects this year.

20. Jenn Erin says

I actually have some expired ground coffee and have been thinking about doing this, but I am hesitant because I am worried about clogging the drain! I loved that you included those printable labels though – so cute!

21. Karen Mattes says

Please correct number of jars if indeed that is a typo (45 jars??) I arrived here through Frugality Gal (thanks!)

1. […] Holder 22. Santa Gift In a Jar 23. North Woods Gift Box 24. Upcycled Chalkboard Shopping Bags 25. DIY Coffee Body Scrub 26. Chalkboard Ceramic Coasters 27. Easy Glass Bead Bracelet 28. Painted Red Cardinal Gift Box 29. […]