Hello sunshine! These Lemon Bars are just what the doctor ordered. Bring some lusciously sunny lemon flavour into your life.
I looooooove Lemon Bars! They are quick to whip up and each sweet bite is pure heaven. The lemon filling will melt in your mouth. If you are a fan of Lemon Meringue Pie, you have got to try this dessert!
They are perfect for any occasion. I made them just because. Do I really need a reason? Nope, I don’t think so. Sometimes, you just want something sweet and these Lemon Bars are pure perfection. From the buttery crust to the smooth, tart lemon filling, you can’t go wrong with this dessert.
Do you love lemon desserts?
This easy lemon dessert will practically melt in your mouth!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar (powdered sugar), for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and butter to make crust. Press into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking powder. Pour lemon filling mixture on top of hot crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar (powdered sugar) if desired.