There is nothing quite like a batch of homemade cookies fresh from the oven and a glass of cold milk. It brings back fond memories of childhood when my mom used to make cookies for us to eat after school. These Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies are chewy with loads of flavour and texture. They are also really easy to make.
I used slivered almonds, but you could easily substitute another type of nut. Use whatever you have in your pantry.
Ready in 10 minutes, they come out perfectly golden and ready to enjoy in minutes. I love eating mine fresh out of the oven while they are still a little soft and warm. So so good.
Because they had nuts in them, my girls couldn’t bring them to school, but they were there when they got off the bus.
What are your favourite type of oatmeal cookies?
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until combined. Beat in egg and almond extract.
- In another large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats and salt. Add dry mixture into wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in slivered almonds, raisins and shredded coconut.
- Place a heaping tablespoonfuls of cookie dough on the baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g