Do your kiddos love to read? I know my daughter does. These subscriptions would all make great gifts!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Lil’ Bear Book Club: Choose board books or picture books, and your little one will get 2-4 individually wrapped books delivered each month with this subscription box. Previous books include “Splat the Cat” and other fun reads. Discounts offered for yearly purchases.
2. The Story Box: Get your kiddos excited about reading with the Story Box. In similar fashion to Lil’ Bear Book Club, the Story Box gives you the option to choose picture books or board books. The boxes are curated by a nationally certified speech-language pathologist, and each box contains 2 children’s books that will facilitate your child’s communication and literacy skills. My favourite part about the Story Box is that it includes a monthly tip or challenge card, or a parent guide. These are specific to the books in your box and are organized into age groups. They provide tips and information that will help you establish positive reading habits with your child.
3. BookBoks: Determined to get your child excited about reading, BookBoks experts contact you within 24 hours of you signing up for their subscription. Why? To chat with you and find out “what makes your child tick”. Each month, your Expert will carefully select 2 books for your child based on the information they gather. I like that this is a more personalized version compared to most subscription boxes. The thought of having an Expert pick books out for my kid each month is kind of cool!
4. Book Bears: With a Book Bears subscription, each month you will get one hardcover picture book, a coloring page, and a “Share the Love of Stories” card with reading tips, questions, and a book activity. Book Bears donates one picture book to a child in need for each new subscriber they get, and your subscription ships free which is a plus!
5. LitJoy Crate: While many subscription boxes for kids are for younger kids only, LitJoy Crate is a monthly book subscription for children’s and young adult new release books. You can choose a Picture Book Crate for ages 3-7, or a Young Adult Book Crate for ages 14+. They feature new, unique themes monthly.You’ll get 2-4 book related items shipped directly to your doorstep each month!
6. Lillypost: Lillypost sends out children’s books and other book-related items right to your little ones each month. Your child will be delighted to open their hand-wrapped packages and discover new books every time the box arrives! The subscription includes 4-5 books (depending on age group), as well as a note and stickers.
7. Lil’ Bear Book Club: Hand-wrapped books delivered straight to your door is like Christmas every month! Each month, you’ll receive 2-4 hand picked children’s books (picture or board books), and a generous portion of the proceeds always go to children in need.
8. My First Reading Club: It’s exactly what it sounds like! My First Reading Club is a subscription box founded on a passion for inspiring early readers and improving literacy. Each month, your child will receive three age-appropriate books, and My First Reading Club also sends along a beauty gift for Mom! Great thinking, if you ask me!
9. Bookubox: A unique box is chosen for your child based on their reading profile that you make for them. Bookubox also sends “bonus” items to make the experience even better. Plus, for every subscription, they donate books to schools and foster care programs. I love that.
10. MyBookBox: “Everything you need and nothing fancy” is how they describe their subscription box. MyBookBox works with publishers to preview and read upcoming releases in 6 genres. Books are hand selected each month, ensuring something new and exciting for you to read each time. Plus, they include a little surprise which is always nice. Free shipping is included (international shipping is extra). Genres include: ages 4-7, ages 8-12, Young Adult, Non-Fiction, Mystery, and Women’s Fiction.
11. BookRoo: Exciting for kids, affordable for parents! BookRoo delivers 2-3 hand-wrapped children’s books to your doorstep every month. You can choose board books (3) or picture books (2), and you are guaranteed new books each time or you get $5 off your next box!
Which subscription box do you think your little one would enjoy?
Check out my other posts about subscription boxes!
- Subscription boxes for new moms
- Fashion subscription boxes
- Subscription boxes for people with a sweet tooth
- Time of the month subscription boxes
- Book subscription boxes
- Kids’ subscription boxes
- Artisan subscription boxes
- Beauty subscription boxes under $20 a month
- World & Culture subscription boxes
- Unique subscription boxes
- Subscription boxes under $10 a month
- Subscription boxes for Canadian foodies
- Tea subscription boxes for Canadians
- Subscription boxes for cats and dogs
- Subscription boxes for men
- Pet subscription boxes for Canadians
- Coffee subscription boxes for Canadians
- Beauty subscription boxes for Canadians