- Fresh strawberries
- White chocolate chips for melting
- Chocolate chips
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Start with fresh, whole California strawberries. Rinse the strawberries, and let dry completely. In a microwave safe mixing bowl, combine white melting chocolate with red and yellow food colouring. In the microwave, heat the chocolate until melted (stopping often to stir).
- Dip each strawberry in the now orange chocolate. Set on parchment paper to dry. While berries are drying, put milk chocolate chips in a sealable plastic bag, place in microwave for 30-60 seconds until melted. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and draw your favorite jack-o-lantern faces on each strawberry.
- For ghost strawberries, follow jack-o-lantern directions — but dip strawberries into uncoloured white chocolate and draw spooky ghost faces on each strawberry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Recipe and image courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission.