Spring came in like a lion so hopefully will go out like a lamb. With it’s arrival comes the nicer weather, grass, flowers and Easter! Today I have a recipe that could really be made anytime of year, but I think it is a good fit for the nice Spring weather that is hopefully coming our way shortly. It uses only four ingredients and is simple to make.
You’ll also like these Oreo Cupcakes.
Purple Oreo Truffles
Crushed Oreo cookies wrapped in a candy melt with sprinkles!
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- Wilton Purple candy melts
- Spring/Easter Sprinkles
- Combine the crushed Oreo cookies with the cream cheese. A food processor or a hand mixer comes in very handy for this part.
- Once the Oreos and cream cheese are combined, roll the mixture into 1” balls and place on a cookie sheet. Let sit in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour so they harden up.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the Wilton candy melts stirring in 30 second increments until melted completely. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Dip the hardened truffles into the chocolate one at a time and add sprinkles on top before the chocolate sets.
- Repeat with the other truffles. Once all truffles are dipped and sprinkled place in the fridge to set for 1 hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Kitty Iecvan says
These look great! They could even be green for st. patty’s!
I love fun easy recipes that I can make with my kids. Thanks for posting 🙂
Oreo truffles have been a family holiday staple of ours for so many years, and I don’t think I’ve ever colored the candy coating. Such a cute idea! I think we may have to do that this year! Thank you so much for linking these up with Mouthwatering Mondays!
kathy downey says
boy oh boy i really need to make these,thety look so good
I just made these the other day for my daughter’s preschool snack, they were a big hit. Will be making more for home!
Miz Helen says
What a beautiful Purple Oreo Truffle, a very special treat. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
So irresistible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!