This Pizza Popcorn is full of flavour and won’t leave your fingers greasy. It’s so easy that you’ll make it once and remember the recipe. It’s only a bag of microwavable popcorn plus three additional ingredients. Though I love buttery popcorn, sometimes I’m in the mood for something a little lighter.
We ate this snack several times over the holidays as we binged watched some Netflix series.
Whether you prefer sweet or savory flavors, mild or spicy seasonings, you can tailor the dish to suit your palate. To make it even more interesting, you can experiment with different toppings like cooked sausage or roasted red peppers. With a few simple modifications, pizza popcorn is the perfect treat for movie nights or for when you’re looking for something special to munch on!
Here is one other popcorn recipe to share, Maple Almond Popcorn. You may also like this Christmas Popcorn snack mix recipe to try during the holiday season. And if you’re a real sweets lover, try this Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn recipe! Just like this recipe, it’s super delicious and ready fairly quickly.
Apparently, more popcorn recipes are in order! I love seeing how much you guys go crazy for flavored popcorn.
Why You’ll Love This Pizza Popcorn Recipe
- Super quick- this fancy snack is ready in only 5 minutes
- You only need four ingredients to whip up a batch of this flavored popcorn
- You’ll love that it’s a super simple recipe that only requires two steps. It doesn’t get much easier than that, am I right?!
- The kitchen stays clean with this recipe
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
This is all you really need to make some tasty pizza flavored popcorn snack mix. No crazy ingredients, no trips to the grocery store needed, just stuff you already have in the cabinet. Head to the kitchen and grab:
- Plain microwavable popcorn
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make Pizza Popcorn
- Step One: Microwave popcorn according to the package directions.
- Step Two: Add grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to the bag. Shake to combine the popcorn and addons. Pour into a bowl and serve hot.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Pizza Popcorn
Pizza popcorn is a versatile snack that pairs well with many different sides. For a fun movie night at home, serve it with sweet and salty snacks like chips, pretzels, and nuts.
For an elevated appetizer, consider adding fresh fruit and vegetables like carrot and celery sticks, bell pepper slices, or cherry tomatoes.
Here are some other things to serve with this snack food:
- Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Pizza Buns
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Vegetable Pizza
Helpful Tips and Tricks
There are not a ton of tips and tricks I can share for such a simple recipe. But here are a few of my tips and things to pay attention to as you make this super easy snack recipe.
- Pay attention to the popcorn as it is popping in the microwave, you don’t want to risk burning it by not pulling it out of the microwave soon enough.
- Once the popcorn slows down popping and you don’t hear it popping as often in the microwave, you need to remove it.
- If you want to make the ol’ popcorn on the stove trick, you can do that too. Just be very careful and don’t burn yourself or the popcorn while doing so.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
Here are some easy variations to change up your recipe just a bit. Add more flavors and enjoy some super tasty Pizza Popcorn. Try any of these substitutions or additions:
- I used plain popcorn, but if all you have is butter flavoured, it should still work. If you like it spicy, add more of the red pepper flakes!
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some pizza sauce drizzled on top, or even barbecue sauce or something you can dip the pizza corn in.
- Instead of just sprinkling on some seasonings, you can add your popcorn to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Then add your popcorn and then sprinkle with seasonings, add some sauce and cheese and put in the oven to melt the cheese. This brings even more pizza flavor to the dish. But it will be much messier to eat, so be careful and have lots of napkins hand
Store leftover pizza flavored popcorn in an airtight container and keep it at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
Can I Freeze This?
I don’t recommend trying to freeze popcorn. It will not thaw properly and will change the texture of the popcorn.
Since this snack is ready in only 5 minutes and requires just a few minutes, I recommend you just make a new batch if you are wanting some again later.
What other spices can I use?
Try adding your favorite seasonings like oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and parmesan cheese to your popcorn mixture.
For an extra pop of flavor, try chili powder for a kick!
You can also add dry Ranch seasoning mix for an extra zesty flavor. You can also try adding other ingredients like chopped bacon pieces or diced jalapenos.
For a cheesy twist, try adding grated mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese before tossing the popcorn in the oven to melt the cheese of choice.
Is Pizza Popcorn an easy snack to prepare?
Yes, it really is an easy snack to prepare. You just need some microwaveable popcorn and some spices of choice to create a simple snack.
What’s better than a snack made in less than 5 minutes? Not much!
More Pizza Inspired Recipes
You’ll also enjoy these Taco Roasted Chickpeas.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 package plain microwavable popcorn
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to bag. Shake to combine. Pour into a bowl and serve hot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.