I’ve always enjoyed cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. When I was a little girl, I used to look at my mom’s cookbooks and put sticky notes on the recipes I wanted to try. When I was old enough to use the kitchen, my mom actually let me make these recipes myself. Of course, it was always under her supervision! The dishes actually turned out pretty well or at least that’s what my mom told me.
Now that I’m an adult, I still enjoy cooking and being creative in the kitchen. John said he has never tried so many new things in his life. I introduced him to the wonderful world of escargots and calamari which are now two of his personal faves and he makes requests for them all the time.
There’s a few kitchen essentials that I could not live without like my chef’s knife, cutting board, garlic press and stainless steel mixing bowls. However, there’s so much more kitchen tools that I want and KRAVE!
I’m always checking out SHOP.CA to see what kind of items they are carrying in their House & Home section. Here’s five items that are on my wish list and why:
1. T-Fal 10pc. Professional Cookware Set ($379.99 + FREE SHIPPING): T-Fal makes high quality products that are built to last. My current pots and pans are all mismatched and most of them are missing their lids. I would love to have one complete matching set. I also like that these are non-stick for easy clean up. I hate having to scrub forever to get off stuck on food.
2. Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor ($69.99 + FREE SHIPPING): A food processor would save me so much time in the kitchen! It chops onions, grates cheese, shreds cabbage & more in just seconds. Right now I have to modify all the recipes that tell me to use a food processor so it would open me up to preparing so many more delicious dishes.
3. Hamilton Beach 15 Cup Coffee Grinder ($29.99 + FREE SHIPPING): I drink A LOT of coffee and must have a cup first thing when I get up in the morning. There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I always walk by the fresh coffee beans in the grocery store and wish that I could buy myself a bag or two. With this coffee grinder, I could grind the beans myself and serve the freshest coffee everyday.
4. KitchenAid 5 Qt Artisan Stand Mixer in Red ($359.99 + FREE SHIPPING): I have wanted a KitchenAid Mixer FOREVER!! My current hand mixer is broken and rather than buy a new one, I’d rather upgrade and get this beauty. I love the vibrant red colour to match my kitchen. This would save my arms from having to mix everything by hand!
5. Salton 1.1 Cu Ft. Front Microwave Oven (1000 watts) in Stainless Steel ($149.99 + FREE SHIPPING): We are upgrading all our kitchen appliances to black/stainless steel. Our current microwave is white and sticks out like a sore thumb in the kitchen. John built a special cabinet to hold up above the counter in the kitchen and I think that this particular one would look so much better. I use the microwave a lot for mostly defrosting and heating up leftovers so for us it’s a kitchen must-have.
What kitchen essentials do you KRAVE?
Reminder! The SHOP.CA #KitchenKravings Twitter Party is TONIGHT (Sept 20) at 9pm EST. We will be chatting about all the kitchen essentials you krave and giving away some of the most sought after small appliances. RSVP & Details here.
I am part of the SHOP.CA Super Shopper program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.