This Meatzza Casserole is perfect for a cold day! It’s a hearty meal that will fill your belly and warm you up. I was craving pizza again, but wanted to do something different. I created this filling casserole recipe with all my fave pizza ingredients. Yes, there is a lot of meat, but that’s how I dress my fave pizza. I’m calling this a Meatzza Casserole because it’s jammed with four kinds of meat and tastes like pizza.
I wasn’t joking when I said it was meaty! It has FOUR sources – pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef and bacon. For veggies, I added green peppers, onions and mushrooms. I would rather have used fresh sliced mushrooms, but our local Walmart produce section was almost empty so I had to improvise with canned mushrooms. Either option will work though.
This recipe is quite big leaving us lots of leftovers. It tastes just as good heated up the next day. I added a bit of shredded cheese to our bowls since we ate most of the cheese on top the first day.
If meat isn’t your thing or you don’t care for some of the ingredients I used in mine, feel free to improvise. That’s the beauty of this recipe. You can mix and match ingredients to suit your taste. Meat is pricey so it isn’t something we can enjoy that often, especially in this quantity! I’ll make it again and probably include one or two of the types of meat.
I didn’t serve any sides with it when I made it. However, I think garlic bread or Caesar salad would work. Wear your yoga pants because it’s a big meal!
My family devoured their bowls which made me feel great! I love when people enjoy my recipes. I hope you try it and you enjoy it too!
Do you think your family would enjoy this Meatzza Casserole?
- 3 cups pasta of your choice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 3 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, bacon and sausage over medium heat, stirring to break up beef and sausage. Drain fat. Add meat mixture to cooked pasta.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, green peppers, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until veggies are softened. Add veggie mixture to cooked pasta.
- Stir pizza sauce and pepperoni into pasta mixture. Stir to combine everything. Spread into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1290mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g