Lasagna Bowl is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to enjoy your favorite pasta dish. Minimal prep, but you still get all your favorite flavors in every single bite.
It’s basically cooking your favorite short noodles, making the meat sauce and mixing up some cottage cheese, parmesan and fresh garlic for the cheese topping. It is SO GOOD! John said he approves.
For presentation, I put the noodles in the bottom of the bowl, then added the meat sauce leaving a little clearance around the edges and then finally topping with cheese. Mix it all together before you serve it or let people scoop it from the bowl as is. This is one recipe I keep coming back to time and time again.
What are the Best Noodles to Use for Lasagna Bowl
Any short noodle will work great. Or you can even break up lasagna noodles so they are more in bite size pieces. You will want to cook the pasta according to the package. Make sure that you read and follow the directions on the back of the package.
Depending on the variety of the pasta you will have different cook times.
Can I Use Ricotta Cheese in Place of Cottage Cheese
You are more than welcome to use ricotta cheese in replace of the cottage cheese. It is all about your personal preference on what you would like. We are a cottage cheese fan so that is what we reached for.
Low Carb Option for a Lasagna Bowl
If you are wanting to shave down some carbs, reach for a zucchini noodle (zoodle) for a pasta free dish. Or you can even go for a spaghetti squash that you shred and use in replace of the pasta.
Or if you are gluten free you can purchase a gluten free pasta as well, to fit your dietary needs.
Craving More Pasta Recipes
- 5 Soup Pasta | I am a huge fan of this recipe. You have a quick and easy prep for one insanely tasty and filling dish that the whole family gets on board with.
- Italian Pasta Salad | If you enjoy cold pasta salad recipes, you have to try this recipe. You have Italian flavors in every bite, fresh veggies, pasta and, of course, an Italian dressing.
- Baked Chicken and Tarragon Pasta | Here is a dish that is full of tender and juicy chicken, rich sauce, pasta and all the flavors you dream of in one easy dish.
- Grandma’s Goulash | Looking for that perfect classic goulash recipe? My grandma made the best goulash and this recipe will bring you back to your roots.
Can I Use My Own Sauce for this Recipe
If you want to make a homemade pasta sauce go for it. You will find using a store-bought sauce or homemade will vary in your overall flavor of this pasta recipe. But, in the end, you can also dress up a jarred pasta to make it taste a bit more flavorful.
Some love pouring in a teaspoon of taco seasoning to the sauce, or chopping up and adding more veggies to add even more flavor to your sauce.
Whatever you choose to do is up to you.
Can I Swap Out Ground Beef
You are more than welcome to do a meatless dinner or reach for a different protein. You could use ground turkey, chicken, or even pork. Now using a different type of meat will vary the flavor but overall it will still taste similar.
The beauty of this recipe is getting to create your own layers of flavor to fit exactly what you are wanting.
Can You Freeze Leftover Lasagna Pasta Bowl
Pasta can be a little tricky freezing. If you plan to freeze your pasta make sure to cut down the cooking time by a minute or two. If you fully cook it you will find it breaks down a bit too much once it thaws from being frozen.
If you do choose to try and freeze this recipe, make sure to store in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or cover with aluminum foil and reheat in the oven.
Give this easy pasta dish a try, and let me know what you think. Simplify dinner but don’t skimp on your favorite flavors of lasagna.
You’ll also like this Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole.
What is your favourite lasagna recipe?
- 3 cups rotini pasta or your favourite pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in onions and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, until softened. Add in ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Add in pasta sauce and cook until mixture is heated throughout. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cottage cheese, Parmesan, garlic and pepper. Microwave for about 2 minutes to heat up.
- To assemble, place pasta on the bottom of a shallow bowl or pot. Top with meat sauce mixture. Layer the cottage cheese mixture on top. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g