I grew up on cereal and remember eating for breakfast many mornings when I was little. I still enjoy it because it always fills me up and gives me energy for the day. I remember growing up my mom ate All-Bran practically every morning. We always had a box in our house. I never liked it when I was a kid but I eat it now that I’m older. It’s got lots of fibre!
My daughters eat cereal for breakfast most mornings. Many of their favourites are from Kellogg’s including Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops. I recently received a package from Kellogg’s full of their great classic cereals and some new products to try out.
I loved the Special K Oats & Honey with its blend of crunchy flakes, oats and sweet honey. John and the kids ate Frosted Flakes and polished off the box in a matter of days! Frosted Flakes was a childhood favourite of mine and I remember how cool I thought Tony the Tiger was and the theme song from the commercial. Tony the Tiger was actually created in 1951 which is years before my parents were even born! He looks great for his age right?
John ate those two boxes of Nutri-Grain bars all himself! He was addicted to how delicious they were. I was able to try one out of each box to sample the new flavours: Strawberry Acai and Cherry Pomegranate. They make a great snack to hold you over between meals or when you need to eat on the run.
In my package, Kelloggs sent me a list of fun facts and figures and I wanted to share with you a few of them that I found interesting:
- Kellogg Company was found in 1906 as the Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company by W.K. Kellogg. His signature is actually the Kellogg’s logo!
- Kellogg’s Vector meal replacement is available exclusively in Canada.
- In 1969 Kellogg’s provided breakfast fro Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins during their Apollo 11 voyage to the moon.
- Kellogg’s was one of the first to print detailed nutrition information on their package.
- The very first box of Kellogg’s cereal was made entirely of recycled material. That continues today for the majority of their cereal boxes.
What Kellogg’s cereal is your favourite?
*I did not receive any financial compensation for this review, though I did review a sample of the product for evaluation purposes. The opinions are based only on my experiences with the product.*