Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions on this blog are my own.
The holidays will be here before we know it. I’m almost done my Christmas shopping, but still need to wrap everything and put up the tree. My mind is racing with all the things left to do! It’s a busy time of year as I’m sure you can relate. One thing on my mind is planning dinner parties. I recently finished renovating my kitchen and want to invite people over to show it off!
Planning holiday get togethers are at the top of many our lists. We all want them to turn out perfectly and be stress-free. With a little careful planning, they can be! Here are a few simple tips and tricks to that will make every meal you host a hit.
1. Make a list and check it twice. I recommend using an organizational app to help you prioritize. I’d be so lost without mine! Think of it like a virtual assistant to keep you on track. Create to-do lists for stocking your pantry, creating a menu, managing an RSVP list, gift giving list and more. You’ll feel great as you strike items off your list – or shall I say swipe items off your list.
2. Get the fancy silverware and dishes ready. Holiday feasts and festive parties mean bringing out your best dinnerware. To refresh your silverware, try Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. Just rub a paste of three-parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and one-part water onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Then rinse thoroughly and your dinnerware will be sparkling-ready to impress your guests!
3. Expect the unexpected. For that unexpected guest who drops by, not-so-holiday specific items like stationary, pens and notebooks are a nice last-minute gifting idea that anyone will appreciate. Taking a non-holiday themed approach means items can be purchased well in advance of the holiday shopping rush.
4. Keep messes to a minimum. Having a trusted stain fighter on-hand to tackle those holiday spills and stains is a must. My go-to products are the OxiClean MaxForce Foam Laundry Pre-Treater and MaxForce Spray Laundry Pre-Treater. Both can treat wine stains, gravy spills and stains from sticky fingers to keep linens and napkins table-ready for next season. The Pre-treaters can stand for up to a week before washing.
5. Pamper yourself. Treat yourself to that festive latte, Santa-shaped cookie, or an extra hour in bed without the guilt. You deserve it for all your hard work, and it may be just what you need to keep your spirits up and stay energized for your next dinner party!
What are your tips for easing dinner party prep and clean-up stress?