Get ready for some fresh, vibrant colours with the launch of the Hawaii Collection by OPI! Inspired by the beautiful Hawaiian islands, these shades range from soft mint, peach pink to bold coral, green and even a shimmery blue. Though I’ve never been to Hawaii, I’ve heard from my parents how stunning the scenery is there. OPI was inspired by all the beauty Hawaii has to offer in creating this collection – lush greenery, tropical flowers, colourful fish and more. These 12 shades were born!
Spring can’t get here soon enough! These colourful hues will have to tide me over till the snow finally melts. I adore the colours in this collection!
The Hawaii Collection by OPI includes the following hues:
- That’s Hula-rious!: This pastel mint green makes me dance with joy!
- My Gecko Does Tricks: Being bright and pearly green is just one of its talents.
- Do You Take Lei Away?: On second thought, I can’t wait – I need this creamy nude now!
- Is Mai Tai Crooked?: Get it straight – this fruity orange crème is fabulous!
- Go with the Lava Flow: You can feel the heat shimmering off this golden red.
- Aloha from OPI: Let’s give a warm island hello to this bright creamy coral!
- Suzi Shops & Island Hops: A light and happy pink that’s the perfect traveling companion.
- Just Lanai-ing Around: This dark, creamy mauve says “hang loose!” in style.
- Hello Hawaii Ya?: In this gorgeous, dusky purple, I’m doing just fine.
- This Color’s Making Waves: This shimmery, lagoon blue has got heads turning.
- Lost My Bikini in Molokini: With this reef-inspired purple, what’s one bikini more or less?
- Pineapples Have Peelings Too!: The heart of the matter in this gold shimmer with colorful sparkle.
Another cool tidbit of info I learned about this collection – eight shades will be added to The OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington paint! You’ll be able to find these colours in over 3,200 Ace Hardware stores in the USA: That’s Hula-rious!, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya? and Lost My Bikini in Molokini. If you’re in the US, stop by a store and check them out.
I’ve been sporting Just Lanai-ing Around these past several days. It’s gorgeous creamy dark mauve that reminds reminds me of colours I used to wear in the early 90s. In fact, I had a pretty floral dress that would have matched perfectly. It’s retro and very pretty on. I may have to dig out that dress and see if it still fits (doubt it – ha!).
The collection will be available in both nail lacquers and GelColor formulas. Note that GelColor is an in-salon, professional service only. You can pick up the nail lacquers now at professional salons and spas across Canada for an SRP of $11.50/each.
Which colour is your favourite?