I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experiences with the product.
Kellogg’s has recently introduced a gluten-free cereal: Rice Krispies Brown Rice cereal. They left out the malted barley so now people living with gluten sensitivities or Celiac disease can enjoy this classic cereal! I don’t follow a gluten-free diet, but I still enjoyed the taste. Plus, they tasted pretty darn good in this dessert I made from a recipe at the Rice Krispies website.
The Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise were amazing! I think the coconut really made the flavour pop. I told my family they were like a Rice Krispies square only baked. They were gobbled up faster than you can say coconut!
I did change one small thing in the recipe from the site. It mentioned using wax paper. I tried making them that way and found the wax paper stuck to the edges of the squares. I preferred just greasing with butter and omitting the wax paper altogether.
Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal crushed
- 1 ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, coconut and pecans. Add condensed milk and mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for metals pans or 325°F for glass pans, 25-30 minutes or until top is just golden (do not over-bake). Cool 10 minutes. Turn out and remove foil or paper. Cool completely on rack.
- Cut into bars or use cookie cutters for interesting shapes. Store covered at room temperature.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.