This Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake is the perfect pick-me-up for cinnamon roll lovers! It’s made with a delicious blend of vanilla ice cream, fresh coffee, and cinnamon, topped with whipped cream, and rimmed with vanilla glaze.
Sometimes, when it’s really hot outside, the only thing that sounds good is a coffee milkshake. Now, I have a ton of coffee milkshakes recipes. All of them are so tasty in their own way. There’s a flavor for every mood and every craving!
This Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake is one of my favorite ones. It’s definitely the perfect thing if you love cinnamon rolls…which I definitely do. The vanilla ice cream spiced with cinnamon, blended with your favorite variety of coffee, then topped with whipped cream and, of course, vanilla frosting or glaze.
It’s sweet, thick, rich, so creamy, and has all of the flavors of a cinnamon roll in a mouthwatering milkshake. Does coffee get better than this?
Why You’ll Love This Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake
Get caffeinated and satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious coffee milkshake! Here are a few reasons I love this recipe:
- Simple ingredients
- Quick to make
- Perfect texture and perfect flavor
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Ice Cream: Use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream for this recipe.
- Coffee: Freshly brewed coffee works best. I recommend letting it cool a little bit so it doesn’t just melt the ice cream.
- Cinnamon: You can’t have a cinnamon roll milkshake without the cinnamon.
- Frosting or Glaze: You can use your favorite homemade vanilla frosting or glaze or find a store-bought variety. I like to make this milkshake with a tube of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls so I can just use the glaze from that to rim the glasses.
- Whipped Cream: Store-bought or homemade whip work great. Try my homemade Cool Whip.
How to Make a Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake
- Step One: Rim two serving glasses of your choice with the vanilla frosting or glaze. Set aside.
- Step Two: In a blender, combine ice cream, cinnamon, and coffee. Blend until smooth.
- Step Three: Pour the milkshakes into the glasses, top with whipped cream and additional cinnamon, then serve.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with a Coffee Milkshake
My favorite way to serve this cinnamon roll coffee milkshake is next to a sweet, gooey cinnamon roll! You can make a tube of the classic Pillsbury cinnamon rolls or whip up a batch of mini rum butter cinnamon rolls or cinnamon rolls with gingerbread cream cheese frosting.
You can also serve this coffee milkshake up as part of a big sweet brunch! Here are a few of my favorite brunch recipes to pair it with:
- Apple Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
- Classic Monkey Bread
- Baked French Toast
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Fresh coffee is best. The flavor of coffee is always best freshly brewed. I do, however, recommend letting it cool slightly before adding it to the blender. If it’s scalding hot it will melt the ice cream.
- Rim or no rim. I love the flavor and sweetness the frosting rim adds, but if you want to skip the extra step, the milkshake is still delicious without it.
Variations and Substitutions
- Make it decaf. Enjoying this sweet treat later in the day? Simply use decaf coffee instead!
- Make it vegan. Just swap the vanilla ice cream and whipped cream out for vegan varieties.
- No hot coffee? You can use cold brew instead. The flavor will be slightly different, but it will still be so tasty.
I don’t recommend storing this drink. It is best served right away after blending for the creamiest texture!
What is the Difference Between a Frappe and a Milkshake?
The key thing to note is that frappes don’t contain ice cream and milkshakes do!
Frappes are cold, blended drinks traditionally made using milk, sweetener, ice, and coffee. Classic milkshakes are made using ice cream blended with milk. Although a coffee milkshake does contain coffee, a traditional milkshake does not.
Do Coffee Milkshakes Have Coffee in Them?
Yes! Coffee milkshakes are just like a classic milkshake, but rather than using milk to thin out the ice cream, we’re using coffee.
More Cold Coffee Drinks You’ll Love
- Coconut Coffee Milkshake
- Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- Iced Coffee
- Maple Coffee Milkshake
- Iced Honey Almond Milk Latte
- Dulce de Leche Coffee Milkshake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Milkshake
You’ll also like this Orange Julius.
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Milkshake
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla frosting or glaze for rim if desired
- Whipped cream for topping
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for topping
- Rim two glasses with vanilla frosting or glaze if you wish. Set aside.
- Add ice cream, cinnamon and coffee to a blend. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.