Though Peeps can be enjoyed in any season, I mainly associate them with Easter. Our local stores are now filling up their Easter candy aisles and there right front and centre are a variety of Peeps! My daughter, Bridget, loves Peeps so I usually buy a few extra to have on hand for a special treat after Easter is over. If you haven’t ever tried a Peep, they are basically a marshmallow candy that normally come in the shape of a chick, bunny or other animal. It depends on what time of year you are buying them though. Peeps also has candies for Christmas, Halloween and Valentine’s day.
There’s a number of different ways you can use Peeps in recipes. I’ve seen people use Peeps in S’mores, cupcakes, brownies and by dipping them in chocolate. Today I’m sharing with you how to make Chocolate Dipped Chick Peeps perfect for Easter! Not only are they easy to make, but they also look pretty and taste even better.
How do you like your Peeps?
Chocolate Dipped Chick Peeps
- 3 packages Chick Peeps
- 12 oz Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts
- Easter or Spring nonpareils
- Melt the Wilton chocolate in a microwave safe bowl stopping and stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 1-2 minutes prior to dipping the peeps.
- Dip the Peeps one at a time into the chocolate covering the bottom half. Set on a wax paper or foil lined cookie sheet. Every 2-3 Peeps stop and sprinkle the nonpareils onto the chocolate before it sets.
- Once all the chicks are dipped and sprinkled let sit in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.