The ultimate comfort food! Chicken Broccoli Biscuit Bake is made with country biscuits baked in a creamy sauce and topped with broccoli, garlic, onions and melted cheese. SO GOOD!
My Meatball Sub Casserole inspired me to make this fun new alternative to Chicken Broccoli Casserole. It’s still a fairly easy recipe to make, but requires a few extra steps for the most perfect and delicious outcome so the end result is totally worth the little extra effort.
If your family loves comfort food especially Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, you have to let them try this Chicken Broccoli Biscuit Bake for dinner!
This recipe is a bit more work since you aren’t using a pre-made sauce from a jar and you’re going to make your own. It’s still really easy – I promise! It’s an Alfredo sauce that is creamy and rich. I’d definitely call it a lick-the-pot type of sauce! A huge bonus is that most of the ingredients are budget friendly as well!
I thought about adding cauliflower with the broccoli, but changed my mind after seeing the prices at the grocery store. Depending on where you live, you may be paying over $10 for one head of cauliflower. That’s crazy! I love cauliflower, but I refuse to pay that much for one. So broccoli it is!
What you’ll love about Chicken Broccoli Biscuit Bake
There are so many wonderful things to love about the recipe, but just to name a few:
- You’ll love how easy and quick it is to make!
- Depending on where you live, the chicken will be the most expensive thing, which is around $10 to $12 for a “family pack” of 6 boneless breasts.
- Kid-friendly so you won’t have to cook 3 separate meals for all the picky eaters.
This recipe requires quite a few ingredients but you should have most of them on hand already or have used them before even if you’re a cooking novice. You will need:
- Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- Salted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cheddar cheese
How to make Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Step One: Cut each biscuit into quarters and spread on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Step Two: In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil until thickened. After the sauce has thickened, stir in Parmesan cheese and spread the sauce over the biscuits.
- Step Three: Heat the oil olive in a large skillet and brown the chicken. Stir in the onions, garlic, and broccoli and cook until they are softened. Spread the mixture over the sauce mixture in the casserole dish.
- Step Four: Top with the veggies/chicken and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Step Five: Mix together 2 teaspoons of melted butter and the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of the cheese.
- Step Six: Bake uncovered in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs are brown.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
What to serve with Chicken Broccoli Biscuit Bake
Since this dish is incredibly filling and such a wonderful comfort food, it is perfect on its own; however a wonderful side option would be my Chicken Fried Rice.
Substitutions and Variations
This is a pretty straightforward recipe, but some things can still be done to make it a little more unique:
- Add more veggies: Adding carrots will give the casserole a nice huge crunch.
- Change up the biscuit dough: I used Country Biscuits, but you could use whatever refrigerated biscuits you have.
- Try a different cheese: Mozzarella would be good on it’s own or in addition to the cheddar cheese.
- Use a pre-made Alfredo sauce: Skip step two and use a jar of Alfredo sauce in your pantry.
Store any leftover casserole, covered, in the fridge for up to three days.
Can I freeze?
Yes! To meal prep, prepare the recipe in a casserole dish with a lid, until step four then cover and place in the freezer.
When you’re ready to cook it, add the cheese and breadcrumbs. You are also able to freeze it when it is fully cooked by placing it in an airtight container and then you just need to thaw and reheat.
- Broccoli Casserole
- Meatzza Casserole
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- Impossible Chicken Pie
You’ll also love this Country Gravy.
Do you have any amazing casserole recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Cut each biscuit into quarters and spread on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened, about two minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread sauce over the biscuits in the casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Brown chicken, about 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in onions, garlic and broccoli and cook until onions and broccoli are softened, about 5 minutes. Spread veggie/chicken mixture over the sauce mixture in the casserole dish.
- Top veggies/chicken with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned. Serve hot.
I used Pillsbury Country Biscuits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g