Cherry Salad is a super simple dessert with only six ingredients that you can whip up in a matter of minutes. Perfect for potlucks and parties!
I’m a huge fan of these dessert salads. Add a big helping to your dinner plate or save it to enjoy as a dessert. Either way, it’s delicious.
This Cherry Salad tastes like a Cherry Cheesecake. It’s rich, sweet and so satisfying to any sweet tooth. I usually don’t have seconds because it is so filling. Even a little bit in a bowl is enough for me.
This is a vintage type of recipe that I remember my great-grandmother making for family dinners. I think almost every family has one of these dessert salads in their family cookbook.
Cherry Salad Ingredients
The star ingredient is, of course, the cherries. I use a can of cherry pie filling versus fresh cherries here.
Supporting ingredients include walnuts (love their crunch!), pineapple chunks, mini marshmallows and Cool Whip. It also uses a can of sweetened condensed milk.
You can make your own stabilized whipped cream if you can’t find Cool Whip.
If you aren’t a big fan of either the pineapple or walnuts, leave them out. You could also substitute other nuts or fruit in their place if you like.
How to Make Cherry Salad
It couldn’t be any easier! You could also call it Cherry Dump Salad because you literally just dump the ingredients in a bowl and serve.
Grab a large bowl and add the cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, walnuts, pineapple chunks, Cool Whip and mini marshmallows to it. Stir to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Where to Serve Cherry Salad
Like I mentioned, Cherry Salad is so versatile. Consider serving it at:
- For dessert
- Family dinners
Dessert Salad Recipes
I have several dessert salad recipes you might also enjoy.
- Creamy Fruit Salad – A dreamy salad/dessert that will be a surefire hit! It’s easy to make and so tasty to eat.
- Orange Creamsicle Salad – Sweet, creamy, fluffy and oh so good! This old-fashioned recipe will be a hit at your family’s dinner table.
- Sunshine Salad – A delicious fruit salad that is only 2 Weight Watcher’s Points Plus per one cup serving.
- Snickers Salad – This easy recipe is made with vanilla pudding, green apples, Cool Whip, caramel and loads of Snickers bars.
- 1 (21oz/540ml) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14oz/300ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (20oz/540ml) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 52gProtein: 7g