Use up your summer zucchini with this Cheesy Zucchini Bake. Shredded zucchini that is filled with cheese, in a creamy base. Bake up and slice and serve this savory zucchini recipe. If you are looking for an easy zucchini recipe to serve up at dinner, try this recipe.
I paired this with dinner and everyone enjoyed it. I loved how cheesy and savory the dish was. It bakes up to a moist and flavorful texture that is easy to slice and serve.
I used a Tipsy Wine Soaked Cheese, it added incredible flavor to the bake. But I also have used other cheese’s and they all taste great. So don’t feel you can’t make if you don’t have that type of cheese. You can use cheddar, Monterey, or any other type.
Do You Serve Zucchini Bake Warm Or Cold
You can serve it hot or cold. I had a few pieces for leftovers that I ate the next day. I think I prefer it hot though. This recipe is a great way to use up the zucchini in your garden this summer.
Best Way to Shred Zucchini
You can use a classic grater or food processor to shred your zucchini. I leave the skin on the zucchini I find the skins bake nicely and you don’t need to do the extra steps of peeling them. It also adds some color to the zucchini casserole.
Tools Needed for Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
This post contains affiliate links.
- Large Bowl for mixing up the dish
- Baking dish for cooking your casserole
- Spoon for stirring
- Way to shred your zucchini, whether a grater or food processor
Could I Use Sliced Zucchini Instead of Shredded Zucchini
Since you have a flour-based filling, I am not sure it would blend and mix the way it needs to. If it was just a cheesy-egg based mix it would work, but the flour I think would make it bake unevenly. You could try it but I can’t promise success.
How To Make This Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
The first step is to shred your zucchini. What I do is set the shredded zucchini on a paper towel to help soak up some of the moisture from it. Then put it in a bowl, add in your eggs, dill, and cheeses. Then add in your flour and mix well. Next toss in the salt and cayenne pepper. Grease your baking dish with butter all over the bottom and sides. Pour in your batter, and dot with butter. Bake until well browned and no longer jiggly.
Can I Double This Zucchini Bake
Yes. Feel free to double or even triple this recipe if you would like. Simply make as much or little as you would like. Just measure properly and use a larger dish and all will be fine. If you double the recipe you can either make two 8×8 pans or opt for a 9×13 size pan. Just adjust the cooking time to ensure it is fully cooked.
What to Serve with Zucchini Bake
You can, of course, serve this as a main dish, but if you want it as a side let me share some inspiration.
Here are the main dishes that go great with this zucchini recipe.
- Meatloaf | Skip the mashed potato side and reach for this zucchini. This meatloaf is juicy, flavorful, and downright my favorite recipe.
- Maple Dijon Chicken | Sweet and savory chicken that is great for the grill. If you are wanting to try something a bit different this recipe is incredible.
- Orange Mustard Pork Tenderloin | This is one juicy pork tenderloin recipe. Give this recipe a try and pair it with your casserole and see how you like it.
Can You Freeze This Zucchini Recipe
I am not sure. I would think with all the ingredients you could easily freeze this zucchini bake. Just wrap tightly in aluminum foil or place in an airtight container. Then store for up to three months in the freezer. Thaw the night before in the fridge. To reheat you would cover and toss in the oven and bake until it is heated through.
Give this recipe a try and see how you enjoy this cheesy bake. I love zucchini and this recipe is one we make over and over again.
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Tipsy Wine Soaked Cheese (or your favourite cheese)
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, eggs, dill and cheeses. Slowly add the flour, mixing well. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan with butter. Pour in zucchini mixture. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes until well browned. Serve hot or cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g