Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños are the perfect finger food for your next party! Stuff your favorite peppers with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and green onions for a creamy, spicy, savory appetizer.
Simple appetizers like a good pico de gallo are some of the best. These Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños are one of my favorite savory snacks! They’re so easy to make with just 5 ingredients but so much flavor inside the beloved peppers.
If you and your guests like hot, spicy foods, this is a great recipe to try. We love jalapeños, and these stuffed peppers will light up your tastebuds!
They’re stuffed with a creamy two-cheese filling with a little cumin and green onions. Your family and friends will be asking for your recipe before they head home, I promise!
- Jalapeños: You want whole fresh jalapeños for this recipe. Just cut them in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill!
- Cream cheese: I love the creamy tang of cream cheese. You want it softened but not melted for these jalapeño poppers.
- Shredded cheese: I use Monterey Jack cheese for this recipe, but any shredded cheese works! Use what you have.
- Cumin: This basic seasoning adds such a depth of flavor to these cheese stuffed jalapeño peppers. It’s a must in all my Mexican-inspired recipes.
- Green onions: I like the extra crunch of spring onions in these stuffed peppers. Garnish your platter with more for the party, too!
After you’re done handling the jalapenos, make sure to thoroughly wash your ends. If you touch your eye and still have some leftover on your skin, it will burn your eyes. I’ve done that before and trust me, I’m very conscious about it now. Lesson learned!
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Mixing bowls: You just need one bowl for this appetizer recipe! Luckily these are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup before your guests arrive.
- Baking sheets: Make sure you cover the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats to keep the peppers from sticking. For the best stuffed peppers, make sure they’re not touching during the baking.
- Cheese grater: I love shredding my own cheese! It melts way better than pre-shredded cheese, and this way I can use any flavor I want.
How To Make It
- First, slice your fresh jalapeños lengthwise, and scoop out all the seeds and ribs. Be sure to wash your hands when you’re done!
- Then, mix the cream cheese, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, cumin, and green onions in a bowl.
- To fill the jalapeños, stuff a spoonful of cheese mixture into the peppers and spread it flat. You want the inside of the peppers completely covered.
- Finally, bake until the cheese is browned and the jalapeños have softened. Serve warm and enjoy!
If you want to make these cheese stuffed jalapeños in advance, you can! Slice and stuff your peppers and pop them in the fridge until it’s time to bake. Make sure the filling is hot when you’re done baking.
How to Cut Jalapeños for Stuffing
When you’re talking jalapeño poppers, you want whole, fresh jalapeños! I love all types of spicy peppers, but this is a must.
For the best stuffed jalapeños, cut them lengthwise. You can also chop off the stem for a clean bite.
Don’t forget to scoop out all the seeds and extra white fibrous bits in the peppers before stuffing with yummy cheeses and seasonings.
What Cheese Goes Best with Jalapeños?
I use cream cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese in these stuffed jalapeños. I love the creamy flavor combo with a little extra spice.
You can always switch it up for a traditional cotija cheese, or a shredded cheddar cheese that always melts perfectly. When in doubt, cheese and dairy will also tame spice.
You can use just about any cheese! Let your palate light the way.
What To Serve With This
Parties and tailgates need the best finger foods.
I love whipping up these avocado toast pockets for brunch or dinner parties. Turn your favorite breakfast treat into an amazing appetizer!
Who needs sticks when you can have these Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls? They’re small enough for little hands but so tasty you might eat them all.
Everyone loves bacon! Roll your meatballs in the tastiest cut of pork for this stuffed bacon rolls recipe.
More Party Food Recipes You’ll Love
- Pizza Dip
- Potato Nachos
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels
- Pizza Rolls
- More appetizer recipes
Do you have any amazing appetizer recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 12 whole jalapenos
- 1 (8oz/250g) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice each jalapeno lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribs with a spoon.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cumin and green onion.
- Add a spoonful of cheese mixture to fill each jalapeno. You will have to spread out the cheese a little so it covers the inside of the jalapeno.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is browned and peppers are soft.
- Enjoy hot! Makes 24 individual appetizers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g