You may have made sugar cookies for the holidays, but have you ever tried Brown Sugar Cookies? I think I might like these ones better!
They are soft and chewy and bursting with rich and sweet flavour. Plus, they are really easy to make and only take about 9 minutes to bake. I made a bunch and froze some of them to enjoy over Christmas.
I added a brown sugar glaze made with powdered sugar, brown sugar and milk. It gives them a nice glossy finish and adds a little extra sweetness to each bite.
Once you try them, they may become a favourite of yours too!
Check out these Holiday Baking Must-Haves.
Are you making any cookies over the holidays?
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, water, honey and egg. Beat on high until combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together flour, pecans, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to just combined.
- Drop cookies by the teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Place cookies on baking rack to cool.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, milk and powdered sugar. Drizzle on top of cooled cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g