Authors: Jordan E. Goodman with Bill Westrom
About the Book:
The world of borrowing and debt management has changed dramatically, leaving people confused about how best to secure their financial future. This book is the only guide with detailed advice to help you become debt-free or master the debt you have, based on the latest laws and new government programs and policies implemented under the Obama administration.
Is the information and advice on debt management different than in years past? Definitely, and in this savvy, engaging guide, bestselling author and financial expert Jordan Goodman will show you how to:
- Win the mortgage game: avoid foreclosure, obtain the best refinancing, and modify your mortgage even it it’s “under water”
- Clean up your credit report and dramatically boost your credit score
- Negotiate new terms and payments for burdensome medical bills, student loans, and credit cards
- Protect yourself from the devastation of identity theft
- Master new credit card rules, and avoid the rate and fee traps
- Learn a revolutionary strategy that will help you become mortgage-free in five to seven years, change the way you pay all your bills, and save hundreds of thousands of dollarsMaster Your Debt contains many pioneering strategies as it lays out an innovative plan for achieving the elusive goal of financial success. This reliable resource is filled with helpful Web sites, toll-free numbers, association and government agencies, and vetted companies and services to help you implement the advice offered here.
In today’s volatile economy, getting out of debt is the key to surviving and thriving, and with this book, Jordan Goodman provides you with the strategies and tools to live debt-free.
When you start out in this book, you will see where you are at currently with your finances. By the end of the book, you should see a clear path as to where you WANT to be with your finances! It does not matter if you have a lot of money, or are on a limited income, this book will help you if you want the help to succeed. Within the first two chapters, you will have a clear idea where you are at right now, and how we as a society got in this position today.
You will get an idea about your own credit score, and what to do about getting it higher, as well as the consequences of having a bad score. It also has a chapter on identity theft, with ways people will steal your identity, down to how to deal with the credit agencies. The book also covers a chapter on mortgages, how to shop for them, what to look for, and information about refinancing. There is a whole other chapter on nothing but living mortgage free in five to seven years if you work hard. If you have credit card debt, or student loans, there is more information available about those topics.
There is even more information about shopping for cars, what to look for in interest rates, as well as getting incentives. Shopping around before you purchase helps, the book shows you that and so much more! There is even another chapter if you find yourself over the edge financially. It helps you look at ways you can deal with that situation. If that option is bankruptcy, then you have a whole other chapter to deal with that topic. At the end, there is even more help in other books you have available, and even more great information. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to live within his or her means, or pay their debt off. Anyone who wants to learn about living debt free, and mastering the debt you have.
Thanks to FSB Associates for providing me with a free copy of the book. The opinions expressed are my own.