This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Mobile Shop. All opinions are 100% mine.
Some of my BEST memories were spent on the beach! Growing up, our family had a boat and my dad would take us out every weekend on the Ottawa River. We’d hop from beach to beach, playing and having fun with friends and family. Now that summer is here, I’m looking forward to making more beach memories with my family.
I tend to pack light when heading out for a beach day. Who wants to be lugging around a huge beach bag? Not me. When you’re going to the beach, all you need are some beach essentials. This packing list contains everything you’ll need to make the most of your day!
Beach Essentials Packing List
1. Swimsuit. I recommend putting it on before you leave home under your clothes so you are ready to go once you arrive at the beach. The beach may not have anywhere private where you can change depending on where you go.
2. Towel. I like to bring a large beach towel that I can use to lay on in the sand and to dry off with after I go for a swim. Even a big bath towel will do. It doesn’t have to be fancy.
3. Water shoes. I prefer to wear waterproof shoes as I’m wading in the water. Because clams. I’ve been cut too many times in the past so water shoes are a necessary precaution.
4. Hat. Keep the bright, hot sun out of your eyes by sporting a hat. It can be something simple like a baseball cap or a big sun hat. Whatever you prefer!
5. Sunglasses. My eyes are so sensitive to the sun that I have to wear sunglasses whenever I go anywhere in the summer. You’ll be much more comfortable wearing them.
6. Sunscreen. Apply it before you leave home, but bring the bottle with you, too. Practice sun protection. Remember to re-apply it throughout the day especially after you are in the water.
7. Water bottle. Fill it up with cold water and ice before you leave it will help keep it cold for you most of the day. Staying hydrated is key especially when you are spending the day in the heat.
8. Book. Catch up on some reading while you relax in the sun. I find chicklit to be awesome beach reads!
9. Bag. It seems like a no-brainer, but you are going to need something to put everything in! A beach bag can house all your essentials and make them easy to carry around with you.
10. Mobile phone. I don’t go anywhere without mine! You can use your phone to capture memories, take photos of the beautiful scenery and show off your relaxing day on social media. Make sure it’s fully charged before you leave home.
If you’re in the market for a new phone, I recommend checking out The Mobile Shop.
You can find them in select stores where PC products are sold across Canada. I love that they have a huge selection of phones and plans AND you can earn PC Optimum points on your purchases. It’s a win-win!
Did I miss any beach essentials? What else would you bring with you?