If you love pizza, you are going to LOVE this hot dip appetizer. Layers of cream cheese, pizza sauce, melty mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings make this Pizza Dip a surefire hit.
I love cold layered dips like Taco Dip and my mom’s Seafood Dip. I wanted to make a hot layered dip and thought why not try one for pizza. Turns out, it was a fabulous idea!
My friend and I could not stop eating this Pizza Dip. There was lots of “oohs” and “ahhs” as we devoured it. I had to stop myself so my family could try it. I kept saying, “Just one more bite…”. I did stop eventually and my family did get to try it. They also loved it.
It’s a great dip to serve for a game night. We love playing dice here (a game of 10,000, anyone?) and I’ll bring out the Pizza Dip for everyone to nibble on while we play.
I love that it’s so fast to whip up. Unexpected company? No problem. Make them this Pizza Dip to enjoy during the visit.
Pizza Dip Ingredients
The beauty of this Pizza Dip is that once you get the base ingredients down, you can really make it into whatever flavors you want.
The first layer is cream cheese. I used one whole package (a brick). Make sure it’s softened so it’s easier to spread.
The second layer is pizza sauce. Make your own or buy it in a can like I did.
The toppings layer that I used was onions, green olives, pepperoni, and of course, loads of shredded mozzarella cheese. Feel free to switch out the toppings to whatever your preferences are.
How to Make Pizza Dip
Start by preheating the oven to 350F.
Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Layer the remaining ingredients on top.
Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These tools will help you prepare the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Can Pizza Dip be served cold?
I wouldn’t recommend serving Pizza Dip cold. For best results, serve it hot and fresh out of the oven.
Refrigerate any leftovers and then reheat them in the microwave when you are ready to serve again.
What other pizza toppings can I use in Pizza Dip?
Pretty much whatever pizza toppings you like! Here are some ideas:
- Ground beef
- Grilled chicken
- Roasted garlic
- Green pepper
Pizza Inspired Recipes
We love pizza and I have several pizza inspired recipes in my recipe box.
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole – This comforting casserole has three layers of goodness. Use your favourite pizza toppings to create the perfect family meal.
- Pizza Rolls – Soft and buttery crescent rolls filled with gooey melted cheese and pepperoni slices. Add some pizza dipping sauce on the side and you have a tasty appetizer kids love!
- Pizza Cake – This five layer cake is a real showstopper and pizza lover’s dream! Surprisingly, it’s not that hard to make with the right tools.
- Deluxe Pizza Burgers – Loaded to the max with all your favourite pizza toppings. Take one bite and you’ll see why my family raves about these delicious burgers!
- Pizza Wonton Cups – An easy appetizer baked in a crispy wonton shell and full of cheesy pizza goodness. Try them once and they may become an instant family favourite!
You’ll also enjoy this Tex-Mex Spinach Dip!
What pizza toppings will you use in this Pizza Dip?
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 7.5oz (213ml) can pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded fine
- 1/3 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press cream cheese into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Spread pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 729mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g