Peanut Butter Pie
This Peanut Butter Pie is exactly what you need to celebrate National Peanut Butter Lovers Day. That happens to be today!
We go through a lot of peanut butter in our home. My daughter loves it on her toast for breakfast and in peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch. I use it in dessert recipes like this Peanut Butter, but also in my cooking. Think Pad Thai. Yummy.
I personally like crunchy peanut butter the best, but my daughter prefers smooth so that’s what I’ll typically buy. Have to please the kiddo, right? For this recipe, I used smooth peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Pie
To get started with this simple peanut butter dessert, first bake a 9 inch pie shell. Then, you’ll prepare the vanilla pudding layer on the stovetop. The peanut butter comes into play as the crumbs which are mixed with icing sugar (aka powdered sugar for my USA friends).
It’s layer upon layer of deliciousness! The peanut butter crumbs are the first layer, followed by the vanilla pudding. Then, top with Cool Whip and more peanut butter crumbs. I let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours to set.
This pie recipe is easy to prepare and almost homemade – minus the prepared crust. You could make your own pie crust if you like. I always use the frozen ones because I’m lazy and want to save a step.
So how does it taste? Pure decadence! The peanut butter butter flavour really comes through with every bite. It pairs nicely with the creaminess of the vanilla pudding.
Want more ways to celebrate your love of peanut butter? Check out these recipes from my blogger friends:
- Peanut Butter Lovers Pancakes
- Triple Peanut Butter Cake
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Easy Peanut Butter Granola
- Peanut Butter Doughnuts with Chunky Peanut Butter Glaze
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Twix Pie
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Caramel Cheesecake
- Cabbage & Peanut Butter Chicken Stir-fry
- Peanut Butter Squares
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
- Marshmallow Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Reese Coffee Milkshake
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Reese Rolls
- Reese Lava Cake
- Reese Ice Cream
- Reese Pie
- Reese Pie Cookies
What is your favourite peanut butter recipe?
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 cups Cool Whip
- Add sugar and cornstarch to a saucepan. Whisk together eggs and milk and add to saucepan. Heat over medium high, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together powdered sugar and peanut butter until crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of crumbs into pie shell. Pour vanilla pudding over top. Cover with Cool Whip. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Place in the fridge to cool until set, about 3 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545 Total Fat: 26.5g Saturated Fat: 7.6g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 17.3g Cholesterol: 72.6mg Sodium: 323.1mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 2.4g Sugar: 45.3g Protein: 13.6g