6 Magic Eraser Cleaning Hacks
This post contains affiliate links.
One of my favourite 21st century cleaning tools is Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser. It truly is worthy of its modifier. Magical. You can unleash the power of this powerful gizmo with these 6 Magic Eraser cleaning hacks.
Magic Eraser Cleaning Hacks
1. Nail Polish Remover. Got a little overzealous with the manicure? Wipe that excess nail polish off the counter with just water and a Magic Eraser. Leave the harsh acetone smell and chemical residue of nail polish remover behind and stick with this trick.
2. Temporary Artwork. If you have a toddler, you’ve probably had crayon markings or even *gasp* markers adorn your walls or furniture. Nothing works better than Magic Eraser than wiping clean your child’s masterpieces. Take a picture first, but make sure your child doesn’t see you snap a photo. You’ll be able to show them their work later in life without condoning their graffiti.
3. Quick Car Cleanups. If you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of time running errands (with and without kids) and messes get made in the car. My kids are a bit older now, but when the girls were little, juice and snack spills were pretty common in our vehicle. Now, it’s pen marks from my youngest working on homework in the car, or me jotting down little notes. Clean up those little messes with a magic eraser instead of hauling around cleaning solutions.
4. Top to Bottom Kitchen Magic. Whether it’s crusty food on the stovetop, spills in the refrigerator, or wiping down cabinets, the Magic Eraser is a kitchen’s best friend. I enjoy cleaning, but one thing I don’t love is cleaning up microwave spills. There’s nothing worse than having soup boil over in the microwave and forgetting (or more likely having another member of your household forget) to clean it up. A little water and this magic sponge will have your microwave sparkling.
5. Shop in the Clearance Section. I love finding good deals in my favourite stores, but I hate the sticky clearance stickers they put on items. When items have been discounted multiple times, the overabundance of tags can make a gummy mess. A couple swipes of a magic eraser will remove the tag residue, and the items will be ready to use or gift.
6. Germy Doorknobs. Yuck! Door knobs can be riddled with bacteria. Think of how many hands touch the doorknobs in your home every day. Unless you’re washing hands constantly, opening doors is a guaranteed way to accumulate germs on your hands. Swipe frequently with a wet Magic Eraser to keep the door knobs clean and shiny.
These 6 Magic Eraser cleaning hacks are a few simple ways to keep your home clean without bottles of chemical cleaning agents. Try these and share your favourite Magic Eraser uses in the comments!