7 Ways To Boost Your Productivity
Disclosure: This post is sponsored as part of a partnership between Simply Stacie and ChromaDex. All opinions are my own.
Do you ever feel like you are spinning your wheels tackling your long to-do list, but nothing seems to get done? I’ve been there, too. Some days I look at the clock and realize how late in the day it is and think to myself, “What did I even accomplish today?” I may have felt like I’ve been “busy”, but in reality, I wasn’t working to my fullest potential. My productivity was non-existent.
The good news is that there are things you can do today to boost your productivity. They are simple changes that are easily implemented and they have helped me personally feel more accomplished at the end of the day.
How to Boost Your Productivity
1. Start from within. When you feel better physically and mentally, you will become more productive. For me that means focusing on my health, beginning at the cellular level. TRU NIAGEN™ is a supplement you can take to support healthy cellular function and production of a critical co-enzyme called NAD+. Higher NAD+ levels are currently being studied in relation to sleep quality, energy levels, mental clarity and skin health, as well as a variety of other benefits. I recommend picking some up at TruNiagen.com (USA customers) or Amazon Canada (for my fellow Canadians).
2. Learn to say no. I’m a people pleaser so I totally get how hard it is to say no. Trust me when I say that learning to say no is HUGE in improving your time management and happiness. I live by the saying, “If it’s not a heck yes, it’s a NO”. Now, I can focus on more meaningful tasks and I don’t feel resentful towards others. Set some boundaries today.
3. Take breaks. I know it may seem counterintuitive to take breaks when you are trying to get stuff done, but they are necessary. When you take breaks, you feel more refreshed and work better. Work smarter, not harder. For me, breaks mean meditating for 10 minutes, reading a chapter in a book or listening to my favourite podcasts.
4. Tackle items on your to-do list that least excite you, first. This means getting the tasks done that you are dreading doing before you do anything else. It gets them out of the way and makes you feel better about getting the rest of your list done. If I don’t do this step, I feel more anxiety the rest of the day and stress makes me less productive.
5. Create a to-do list and stick to it. I use an organizing app on my phone that has been a game changer in my productivity levels. I always know what needs to be done that day and can drag or delete items as I accomplish them. A traditional to-do list on a piece of paper works, too. It feels so liberating to cross items off your list.
6. Turn off social media. When I’m working on the computer, I shut down my social media tabs and email. Otherwise, I’ll be constantly checking my notifications and it will take me twice as long to get what I need completed done. Social media is a huge time suck for me. I can easily waste an hour browsing through my newsfeed to see what my friends are up to.
7. Figure out the time of day you work the best. I’m a morning person, so the time of day that I get the most done is first thing in the morning before anyone in my home wakes. I’m up at the crack of dawn each day – sometimes, even before the sun comes up. I start my to-do list upon waking up with a nice hot mug of coffee!
I’m not perfect and do slip up some days. However, since I’ve been implementing these tips, I’ve been feeling like my days are more productive and organized. I’d love to hear your productivity tips and encourage you to learn more about TRU NIAGEN™ today. What works for you?