I love this recipe for its versatility. I made it blueberry flavoured, but you could easily substitute in another pie filling. I bet lemon or cherry would be just as yummy! It was originally supposed to be a Lemon Crackle Cake, but our grocery store didn’t have any lemon pie filling so blueberry it is! The substitution was fine with me.
Blueberry Crackle Cake
The base is a blend of crushed soda crackers, brown sugar, flour and coconut. I recommend letting it cool completely so it had a chance to harden and you get that delicious sweet crunch with every bite.
I’m a sucker for anything blueberry so my favourite part was the luscious pie filling. Top with some vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one delectable dessert. No leftovers here!
Crackle cakes have been around for a long time and after you try one, it’s easy to see why. They are easy to make and always a surefire hit.
- 20 soda crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 – 540ml can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add soda crackers, brown sugar, flour and baking soda to a bowl and stir to combine. Mix in butter and coconut.
- Press 3/4 of the cracker mixture into a greased 8 inch baking pan. Spread blueberry pie filling on top. Cover with the remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g