6 Kid-Friendly Flavours of Kale Chips
Kale chips are the rage right now and if you have not yet tried them, you need too! They are a delicious and nutritious snack that even kids love and will ask for more. I’m always trying to get my daughters to eat more vegetables so the fact that they love kale chips makes me a very happy mom. Kale is a form of cabbage that is very high in vitamins K and C, beta-carotene and many other health benefits. Google it. You can read all about the wonderful benefits of adding kale to your diet.
It’s quick and easy to make and the best part is that you can be as adventurous as you like! I like to kick mine up a notch and try out different flavours to make them more appealing to the kids. It keeps things interesting too!
© kale chips image via Shutterstock
Here’s a few different flavours of Kale Chips that are a hit in our home:
1. Asian Inspired Kale Chips. For a delicious Asian flavour, drizzle sesame oil over the your kale leaves. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for 10 minutes in a 350F oven.
2. Pizza Kale Chips. My kids love pizza so I wanted to see what they think of kale chips made with pizza flavoured olive oil. Just drizzle over the kale and bake for 10 minutes in a 350F oven.
3. Parmesan Kale Chips. This one is my personal favourite and I cannot get enough of them! It’s olive oil drizzle over your kale, sprinkle on some shredded fresh Parmesan cheese and add a little salt. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F and it comes out perfect.
4. Spicy Kale Chips. These are hot so have some water nearby! First drizzle olive oil over the kale and then add chili flakes and paprika. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
5. All Dressed Kale Chips. These taste just like All Dressed potato chips and are a crowdpleaser. Just drizzle some olive oil and a sprinkling of seasoning salt over the kale. Then bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
6. Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips. My daughter, Bridget, enjoys salt & vinegar potato chips, so I wanted to see if I could make something similar that she would like using kale. I used balsamic vinegar drizzled over top of the kale, sprinkle with some salt and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes at 350F.
What’s your favourite flavour of kale chips?