This post contains affiliate links.
Some of you may think of Christmas potpourri when you see dried orange slices. I, on the other hand, think of homemade soap! I was shopping in Ottawa at HomeSense and discovered a jar of dried orange slices that I thought would be perfect for one of my soap recipes. I made a batch with them and they turned out great!
- 1 lb clear melt and pour soap base, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 to 5 dried orange slices
- 15 drops orange essential oil
- Place dried orange slices in the bottom of a silicone mold.
- In a microwavable bowl, add soap base. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 10 seconds. Continue to microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until the soap is melted.
- Stir in orange essential oil. Pour into prepared silicone mold. Let sit for 40 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature until hardened. Release from silicone mold by gently pushing on the bottom of the soap.
I highly recommend the silicone soap molds you can buy on Amazon. They make removing the soap so easy. It’s just a gentle push on the bottom of the mold to release. I use these molds solely to make my soap recipes. I tried plastic before and found they didn’t work as well and were more of a pain to remove. Plus, the silicone molds last a long time and are easy to clean.
Check out my other DIY beauty recipes. I have lots including lip balm, body butter and more soap. Enjoy!