My IndigoKids Holiday Wishlist
The holiday season will here before we know and I have some advice for you today. Start shopping now! Years ago, I was the person who waited till the week before to start buying gifts for my family and friends. I waited too long that I couldn’t take advantage of online shopping and the stores were a zoo. I told myself never again and I’ve been true to my word. It may be only October, but I’m already crossing items off my Christmas shopping to-buy list. Join me!
I’ve been shopping online at Indigo for many years for a few reasons. The biggest one is that they make it easy to find gifts for every person on your holiday list, especially the kids! IndigoKids has the largest selection of children’s books in Canada and they also carry a ton of toys from brands we know and love. Think LEGO, Playmobil, Shopkins, Disney, Ty, The Honest Company, Skip Hop, Melissa and Doug, American Girl and more.
Today, I’m sharing some of my top holiday gift picks for my two daughters from IndigoKids. I looked through their holiday selection featuring gifts selected by Indigo’s book and toy experts. They made it easy to choose gift ideas that I know my kids would enjoy.
My Top 5 Indigo Wishlist Picks for Bridget, Age 12
Bridget is my beautiful and bright 12-year-old daughter. She loves to read, play games, watch movies and go horseback riding. Check out my top holiday picks for her from IndigoKids!
1. Unicorn Poop Emoji Pillow. When I saw this pillow, I immediately thought of Bridget. The bright colours suit her happy personality. I love that it’s a poop emoji and think she’ll really get a kick out of it. Plus, it’s squishy and comfy with its microbeads filling. I picture her laying with this pillow in her room to read.
2. Harry Potter Box Set. It includes the new editions of seven Harry Potter books in paperback. Bridget loves to read and has seen all the Harry Potter movies so I know she will enjoy the books too. As an adult, I read them and quickly lost myself in this magical story. I can easily see these books becoming her favourite books of all-time. Every kid should read them!
3. Trivial Pursuit 2000s. Perfect for family game night! We have the older version, but it’s a struggle to play since the questions are from “back in the olden days” according to my daughter. This version contains newer questions starting from the year 2000 that are more relevant to kids of today. Bridget loves board games and I thought this would be a fun game for us all to play together.
4. Expression Frame 4×6 – Meow. Bridget and her orange tabby, Reggie, are inseparable. I thought this frame would be perfect for her room to showcase a photo of her favourite furry feline. It’s a nice, thoughtful gift for kids who are cat lovers.
5. Minecraft Periodic Table. Bridget is a huge Minecraft fan and plays the game on her computer at home. She’s super proud of what’s she has built on the game and always shows me her newest creations. This collection features 27 authentic element blocks like Diamond Ore, Air, Water and Lava that can be used to make new landscapes or grouped together to make the official Minecraft periodic table. I figured it would be fun for Bridget to continue creating, Minecraft style, in real life too.
My Top 5 Indigo Wishlist Picks for Olivia, Age 18
Olivia is my quiet and sweet 18-year-old daughter. She loves to read, spend time with friends, shop and listen to music. Here are my top holiday picks for her from Indigo!
1. One Half from the East by Nadia Hashimi. This book is internationally bestselling author Nadia Hashimi’s first novel for young readers set in modern-day Afghanistan. It follows the journey of a preteen girl dressed as a boy known as abacha posh. It looked like a book that she would enjoy and I may read it when she is done too! She loves to spend hours curled up in her room with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree because I’m the same way.
2. Crofter’s Plaid Herringbone Weave Throw in Glacier Grey. A gorgeous throw that is super soft and will look beautiful draped over the end of my daughter’s bed. It’s neutral colour will suit almost any decor. I picture Olivia wrapped up in this lovely throw while she reads in her room.
3. Cable Knit Pom Pom Pillow Cover. I adore this beautiful pillow! It reminds me of my favourite comfy sweater. I bought it to go on Olivia’s bed as an accent pillow. Again, it’s another neutral colour that will match a variety of room decor. It’s perfect for a teen’s room.
4. Expressions Perfect Tea Mug – Dream Big. I was drawn to this particular mug at first for it’s beautiful blue colour. It’s the same colour of the paint on the walls in Olivia’s room. Then I saw it also had a stainless steel tea infuser and an uplifting positive message on the front to “Dream Big, Always Sparkle, Shine Bright”. She’ll be able to enjoy her favourite loose-leaf teas in a special mug of her own.
5. Quilted Weekender Bag. Olivia will be going away to college next year and needed a nice, durable bag to bring with her for visits home. This particular bag is stylish with lots of room inside. It has two handles for easy carrying as well as a removable strap you can use to carry it over the shoulder or crossbody. I love its classic look and think Olivia will too. Plus, it’s a gift she will be able to get lots of use out of.
You can check out my #IndigoWishList here too.
Another thing I wanted to mention about shopping at Indigo is that you can also pick up all your gift wrap, bags, tags, cards and more there as well. Did you know that gift wrap is always FREE for all your presents bought at IndigoKids? Just one more reason to make shopping at Indigo a must on your holiday to-do list.
IndigoKids Open House
Mark your calendars for October 22nd! That’s when IndigoKids will be hosting their Kids Open House at all Indigo and Chapters locations (excluding Coles and Indigospirit stores) across the country beginning at 11 am. Kids will be able to enjoy storytime, hands-on play, activities, giveaways and more. They’ll also be able to try out the books, toys and games and parents can create their holiday shopping lists! It’s a great opportunity for you to get some shopping done.
What’s on your Indigo wishlist?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Indigo. All opinions are my own.