Is it a cookie, pie or maybe a bit of both? You decide.
Reese Pie Cookies
I made these scrumptious Reese Pie Cookies using refrigerated pie dough, Reese spread, milk chocolate chips and a simple egg wash. They were easy to make and look so cute too.
I had an American friend ask me why I was calling it “Reese” instead of “Reese’s” as it’s known in the USA. I told her that this sweet chocolate peanut butter spread was known as Reese in Canada without the apostrophe s. Why? I don’t know. That’s just the way it is, folks!
I also made a Pinterest board with Reese Spread Recipes. If you love the spread as much as I do, be sure to follow along and check out all the fabulous pinned recipes.
Have you tried Reese Spread yet?
- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 tsp Reese peanut butter spread
- 1/8 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut 12 circles from pie crust dough. Set aside.
- Cut the remainder of the pie dough into circles and then again into thin slices.
- Place 1/2 tsp Reese Spread in the centre of each circle. Slightly flatten with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of Reese Spread.
- Cover the Reese Spread with thin slices of pie dough in a criss-cross pattern.
- Whisk egg and sugar in a small bowl. Brush on top of pie cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g