It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of subscription boxes. I think I may have discovered my absolute favourite one with GlobeIn Artisan Boxes! They offer a monthly subscription of boxes filled with exclusive, handcrafted items from artisans around the world. Each month is something totally different based around whatever theme is running. For instance, in June, they shipped out the Picnic Box, which I had the opportunity to receive! Once I opened the box and saw the treasures inside, I knew I had to become a subscriber. And a bonus for me is that they ship to Canada! Actually, they ship worldwide so everyone can enjoy these unique finds.
The Picnic Box included all the items pictured here. I also liked that it included a little pamphlet so I could learn about each item, where it is from and who created it.
Here’s a quick peek about what was inside:
- Peace Picnic Blanket (Cambodia): A heavy duty upcycled blanket made by Peace Handicrafts. It has a soft side perfect for catching some zzz’s after your lunch.
- Neem Wood Travel Cutting Board (India): It’s hand-carved and made by an Indian family. Use it for cheese, sandwiches, fruit or whatever you are bringing on your picnic. I also plan to use mine in my food photography!
- Color Travel Cup (India): Made by Dilshad Hussain and his team of stainless steel artisans who also support a charitable organization, Noah’s Ark, with their work. This organization runs three schools and provides the families of their 700 artisans with free health care, clean water and more.
- Palm Leaf Bottle Basket (Mexico): Hand-woven by the talented Teresa Perez Marquez who is helping to support her family with the income she earns from her weaving business.
I found reading the story behind each of the items made the box that much more meaningful to me. When I’m using the items, I’ll think of the artisans who carefully crafted them so I could enjoy them millions of miles away.
I love that each box is also helping artisans around the world earn an income to support their families and improve their way of life. I’d never be able to find these items locally and it’s neat to be able to enjoy products from other cultures. GlobeIn supports thousands of artisans from over 40 countries!
In addition, you’ll be receiving these curated products at up to 50% retail price with your subscription.
Here’s a sneak peek at the July Artisan Box, the Savour Box.
- Salt & Pepper Shakers, Palestinian Territories (Retail $20)
- Hand-Painted Spoonrest, Palestinian Territories (Retail $18)
- Neem Wood Spice Bowl, India (Retail $15)
- Palm Leaf Basket, Mexico (Retail $12) OR Ilocano Asin Sea Salt (inside the mini basket), Phillippines (Retail $12)
I have a coupon for you to save $10 off your order of 3 month or longer subscription. Use this link to purchase and it will be deducted at checkout.
You have a few options for subscribing. You can go month-by-month, 3 months or 6 months. Shipping is FREE in the USA. I bought the 6-month subscription for the best value. I cannot wait to receive my next box and see the beautiful products inside. I’m also looking forward to reading the story behind each item.
Treat yourself with a GlobeIn subscription or buy one as a gift for a loved one. Visit GlobeIn to learn more and to sign up.
One reader is going to win a GlobeIn Artisan Box!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a GlobeIn Artisan Box for this post. However, I purchased a subscription on my own and you should too! All opinions are my own.