Mint Chocolate Shamrocks
This post contains affiliate links.
I recently picked up a silicone Shamrock Mold on Amazon and was trying to decide what to make. I thought about making some shamrock-shaped mint soap, but quickly brushed it off. I’ll do mint soap, but in a regular soap mold so it will last longer. Instead, I settled on an easy no-bake treat. I have a ton of baking chips in my pantry to use up and my new mold helped me tackle the pile. I made Mint Chocolate Shamrocks with milk chocolate chips and also, white chocolate chips. If I had mint chocolate chips, I would have used those. I added the minty flavour with a splash of peppermint extract.
I need to get some green in there to make them fit for St. Patrick’s Day. I mixed together sweetened flaked coconut and green food colouring to achieve the right look. Coconut + Mint + Chocolate = YUM!
I ended up making these late at night. I knew the chocolate would need to set for a few hours. They were ready to enjoy in the morning. I may have had one for breakfast. Don’t judge.
My daughter took one with her in her school lunch. If you are planning a St. Patrick’s Day party, this dessert would be perfect to make for the occasion! The mold only makes eight shamrocks so if you need to make a bunch, either buy another mold or make them in batches.
Some other ideas I had for this mold are mint chocolate rice crisps shamrocks and green candy melts shamrocks. I want to get as much use possible from my new mold since it’s something I’ll only use once a year.
What would you make in it?
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 10 t0 20 drops green food colouring
- 2 packages of chocolate chips of your choice (white chocolate, milk chocolate)
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- Spray a Wilton 8 Cavity Silicone Shamrock Mold with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flaked coconut and green food colouring. Sprinkle evenly on the bottom of the shamrock mold.
- In a microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave at 50% power for minute. Stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second increments on 50% power until melted, stirring in between. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Pour chocolate into shamrock mold. Leave it set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- To remove, flip mold upside down and gently push out the shamrocks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g