Just Add Honey
I have friends who don’t drink coffee and talk about how much they love a good cup of tea. I never really understood it as a huge coffee drinker. I pictured the watery cup of microwaved tea my mom used to drink. I took a sip once and formed the opinion that I didn’t like tea.
The truth was that I never really gave tea a chance.
This post contains affiliate links.
When I was approached by Just Add Honey Tea Company I was intrigued. They deliver fresh artisan tea right to your door and also include a sweet surprise, a jar of American harvested honey from small batched beekeepers. I was in for a real treat!
Just Add Honey sent me a sample of one of their monthly tea and honey subscription boxes. My box included three varieties of loose blended teas and a bottle of honey. The rock, named LOVE ROCKS, was a cute addition. Now I own a heart-shaped rock. It’s something you can discuss with your friends over a cup of tea!
Just Add Honey included a card to give me more information about each of the teas. I appreciated that they had the directions right on the package. As a tea newbie, I needed them!
Here’s what my box included:
- Petal Pusher – a medium caffeine Chinese black tea made with black tea and rose petals
- Mango Rose – a light caffeine green & white tea made with organic green tea, green tea, white tea, rosebuds, mango, oolong tea, marigold blossoms and cornflower petals
- Raspberry Rose – a caffeine free herbal & fruit tea made with hibiscus flowers, lemon peel, dried raspberries, rose petals, rosehips and apple pieces
- Buckwheat honey from Walker Honey Farm in Rogers, TX.
- Love Rocks from Pickle Dog Designs in Minneapolis, MN
I bought a tea infuser to make my tea. This one I found at Walmart for around $24.
My favourite flavour of the three is the Raspberry Rose. It’s light and fruity and I could drink that whole pot myself. Even John had a cup and liked it. I tried it with a little honey to sweeten it up. It’s nice to enjoy a cup while I’m unwinding in the evening. I don’t want coffee at that time because I won’t be able to fall asleep.
Just Add Honey customers have a few subscription box options to choose from:
- Honey subscription box ($12.95) – includes 1 jar of honey and a treat
- Tea subscription box ($19.95) – includes 3 – 1 oz bags of tea
- Tea and honey subscription box ($29.95) – includes 3 – 1 oz bags of tea, honey and a treat
Note that these prices include shipping.
If you choose a tea subscription, you’ll receive different blended teas from small growers around the world. Another neat perk is that they are exclusive and you can’t find them on their website. Just you and the other subscribers will be privy to the opportunity to try these blends!
With the holidays quickly approaching, keep Just Add Honey in mind if you have a tea lover on your list! My mom needs to get away from her watery cup of tea and try these flavours. I think she’d really enjoy a monthly delivery and I can picture her curling up with a book and a cup of tea.
How often do you drink tea?
Disclosure: I received a sample to write this post. All opinions are my own.