8 Secrets for Radiant Skin
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Some people are born with naturally clear and radiant skin. Unfortunately, I was not one of those people. I’ve had my share of skin issues since I was a young teen. It started out with acne through my teens, 20’s and early 30’s. I’m 37 now and I still have the odd breakout, but my main concern now is wrinkles and a blotchy complexion. Thankfully, I’ve learned a trick or two and can put my best face forward.
A few weeks ago, I shared several of my skincare goals as I try out a new anti-aging product, Lise Watier Sublimessence High Concentration Age-Defying Serum. I’m happy to report I’m now set in my beauty routine. My skin has never looked better!
Today, I’m sharing some “secrets” to radiant skin. I’ve been putting them all into practice and have noticed positive changes in the overall condition of my skin.
1. Protect your skin from the sun. Sunscreen is your friend. Make sure you apply sunscreen to your face (and body) if you plan to spend any time outdoors. I think the fact that I never go outside to suntan and always wore sunscreen helped keep wrinkles at bay this long. I have friends my age who spent hours out in their yards sunbathing and they are unfortunately dealing with a lot more wrinkles than what I have.
2. Never go to bed wearing your makeup. My mom is responsible for drilling me with this tip! She said washing your face is a must, no matter how tired you are. If I forget and go to bed with makeup on, I usually wake up with a pimple or two.
3. Keep your makeup brushes clean. Make this tip a regular part of your beauty routine. I give mine a deep cleaning once a week. It helps to rid the brush of any residual makeup, oil, dirt and bacteria that has built up. It helps to keep your complexion clear. Plus, it’s a bit gross to use a dirty brush on your face, don’t you think?
4. Wash your pillowcase regularly. If you’re going to bed with a freshly washed face, but then lay down on your dirty pillowcase, you are undoing all your hard work. Make washing your pillowcases a regular part of your cleaning routine. Your skin will thank you!
5. Drink lots of water. Water keeps your body hydrated and flushes out toxins. One of my friends recently gave up soda and started drinking loads of water instead. She was amazed at the difference it made in her skin. I keep a water bottle with me wherever I go to ensure I’m drinking enough.
6. Get your zzz’s. This tip seems like a no-brainer. Sleep is essential to keeping your skin looking fabulous. I know when I don’t sleep enough, I wake up looking tired and haggard. The wrinkles around my eye seem more pronounced than normal. I strive to go to bed at a decent hour since my mornings come early!
7. Exfoliate weekly. I started exfoliating several years ago on the recommendation of my esthetician. It keeps my skin looking fresh and smooth. For my sensitive skin, I use a gentle exfoliant.
8. Use Lise Watier Sublimessence High Concentration Age-Defying Serum. I’ve added this product to my daily beauty routine over the last few weeks and it’s worked wonders! Not only does my skin feel softer, it also looks healthier. My complexion is more even and smooth and it’s helped diminish the wrinkles in my eye area.
Add Sublimessence to your existing skincare routine to give it a boost. This product contains an Active Cell Infusion Complex that penetrates deep into your skin to reduce existing signs of aging and improve the overall condition of your skin. In a test of 400 Canadian women using Sublimessence for one week, 78% said their skin looked up to 5 years younger!
Like I’ve said before, even small changes to your existing routine can bring about huge results. What do you do to keep your skin looking its best?