5 Ways to Wear White After Labour Day
Some rules are meant to be broken. For example, take the “rule” that you can’t where white after labour day weekend. Sure, white is a typical colour associated with summer fashion, but I don’t see the issue with wearing it year round. I say go for it! I know I won’t be following this old archaic rule.
My friends at OxiClean have five tips to share on how to incorporate white into your fall and winter wardrobe.
1. Mix and match. Get a sophisticated fall look by pairing white statement pieces with neutral colours like grey or tan.
2. Be cool winter chic. Wear white accessories like white cashmere gloves or a white cable knit scarf to make your look really stand out.
3. Yes to shearling. Shearling makes an appearance every fall from boots to jackets to capes. Add a pop of white to your transitional wardrobe with shearling accents.
4. Balance your denim. White denim has a summery feel to it so pair it with a distressed leather jacket in a dark colour or a tan trench coat for a more polished look.
5. Overalls are back. Mix a pair of white overalls with runners and a dark cropped jacket for a cool urban fall look.
One concern people have about wearing white (me included) is that it’s hard to keep the garment white. Spills. Deodorant Stains. Sweat stains. You name it. White is a tough fabric sometimes! To keep your whites white, use OxiClean White Revive Powder. It’s specifically formulate to maintain and revive your whites. It was also the 2015 Best New Product Awards winner in fabric care.
Will you wear white this fall and winter?
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.