Hi everyone, it’s Nicky from Kitchen Sanctuary here, wondering if I’ve broken the world record for how much peach you can get into one bread! You are going to love how moist and fruity this Peach Bread is.
Yep, this bread contains 5 peaches!
The addition of all that peach means the bread is sooo moist and tender. The coconut oil, buttermilk and ground almonds all contribute to that tenderness too, so it’s fair to say it takes a little while to cook (about an hour).
The time it spends in the oven means the top is beautifully browned and a little crunchy – which works really well with the sticky brown sugar glaze.
So we’ve got moist, tender, crunchy and sticky all in one bread. Why not drizzle it with some thick cream too and you’ve got a dessert with everything 🙂
How to Make Peach Bread
Start by preheating the oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. It will be easier to remove then.
Chop up two of the peaches into slices and set aside. Chop the other three peaches into small chunks.
Mix the egg and sugar in a large bowl. Add the oil and stir. Add in vanilla, ground almonds and buttermilk and stir. Add in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir until combined. Stir in chopped peaches. Pour into loaf pan.
Arrange the peach slices on the top of the loaf. Sprinkle with 1 tsp brown sugar. Place in the oven to cook for 5o to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing to continue to cool on a cooling rack.
When the loaf is cooling, prepare the glaze. Add the butter and milk into a bowl and heat in the microwave for a few seconds until it’s hot. Stir in the brown sugar until it dissolves. Add in 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar and whisk to combine. Add in more confectioner’s sugar, a spoonful at a time, to make a thick paste.
Once the loaf is cooled, brush the glaze on top.
Doesn’t it look amazing?
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar plus one heaped tsp for sprinkling)
- ½ cup + 2 tsp (130ml) virgin coconut oil (or vegetable oil), melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 and 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp milk (whole milk or semi-skimmed is fine)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3-6 tbsp sieved confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment. Make sure there’s enough baking parchment so that you can pull the cake out using the parchment for handles. Put to one side.
- Chop two of the peaches into slices and put to one side. Chop the other three peaches into small chunks. Put to one side.
- Mix the egg and sugar in a large bowl. Add the oil (if using melted coconut oil make sure it’s not too hot or it’ll cook the egg) and stir. Add the vanilla, ground almonds and buttermilk and stir again. Finally add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix together until combined, then stir in the chopped peaches. Pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Arrange the peach slices on top of the cake and sprinkle the extra 1 tsp brown sugar on top. Place in the oven to cook for 50-60 minutes (until and inserted skewer comes out clean). Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove from tin and allow to cool further on a cooling rack.
- Whilst the cake is cooling, make your glaze. Place the butter and milk into a medium bowl and heat in the microwave or a pan for a few seconds until hot. Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Add in 3 tbsp. of confectioner’s sugar and mix with a whisk. Then add in more confectioner’s sugar a spoon at a time and whisk until you have a nice thick, paste. Once the cake is nearly cool, brush the glaze over. You may not need all of the glaze, but you can keep any you don’t use and serve it with the cake. Eat straight away, or you can leave the glaze to set before eating.
- Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366 Total Fat: 20.6g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 6.4g Cholesterol: 29.9mg Sodium: 131.8mg Carbohydrates: 42.5g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 28.7g Protein: 5g