7 Magical Ways To Keep Your Kitchen Clean
One of my pet peeves is a messy kitchen. If I could only clean one room in my house, I would choose the kitchen each and every time. It feels great to wake up to a sparkling clean kitchen in the morning. It helps to start my day on the right foot!
Today I’m sharing seven “magical” ways to keep your kitchen clean. No, they aren’t really magic, but they are so easy to do and after some practice, will seem second nature. Then you’ll always wake up to a clean kitchen. No more mess. Poof!
© lisa870 / Dollar Photo Club
1. Keep sanitizing wipes on hand at all times. Those simple sanitizing counter wipes are a perfect addition to your under sink storage. Grab one and wipe down your counter in no time without having to pull out a separate spray and paper towel. These make major and minor spills easy to tackle.
2. Put plates directly in the dishwasher. Most dishwashers and soaps now don’t require you to rinse dishes before putting into the dishwasher. Instead of stacking plates and utensils into the sink, have everyone put their dishes right in the dishwasher. This takes just as much effort as piling them into the sink. Even your youngest kids can help with this!
3. Prepare food in containers they can be stored in. This is a huge way to cut back not only on dishes, but also wasted food. There are many great pots, pans and casserole dishes that are made perfectly for going from the oven or stove right to the refrigerator for storage. Make sure to be careful when using glass products. Allow them to cool off before putting into the refrigerator. Hot glass in a cold area can easily shatter and create a huge mess or possible injury.
4. Do a refrigerator purge every weekend. A refrigerator that isn’t cluttered with old or expired items will help you in so many ways! It’s 100x easier when your prepping meals and you’ll always know what you have on hand and what you need to buy on your next shopping trip.
5. Wipe down your stove top when it is still warm. Spill some pasta sauce on the stove top? Don’t let it sit and dry. Instead, while it is still wet and the stove is warm, use a wipe or sponge to clean up the mess. Be extra careful around the burners to not burn yourself. When the spill is still new, it is much easier to remove and requires less scrubbing. Cleaning as you go will also keep your kitchen clean and sparkling with little elbow grease or effort.
6. Don’t allow clutter on your counters. This tip may be the most important one to keep your kitchen clean. Banish the unnecessary clutter from your kitchen. For mail, kids’ book bags and other incidental items you can create a nook at the front entry or hang hooks and shelves outside the kitchen. For things like extra coffee cups, that loaf of bread or cookbooks, simply put things away as you go. Once you get into the habit, it isn’t hard to keep at it regularly.
7. Use under cabinet storage. One of the biggest methods of keeping those counters clean is to use hooks and shelves under cabinets to store everything from coffee mugs to paper towels or even small appliances.
These easy yet magical ways to keep your kitchen clean are simple for anyone to manage. Sometimes, it is the easiest things in life that actually make the biggest difference!