I wasn’t always interested in photography. In fact, when I first started this blog I didn’t even own a digital camera! If I had to take any pictures, I always asked to borrow my mom’s little camera. Times sure have changed! Now, photography has become a true passion of mine. I love taking photographs and learning about this new-ish hobby. I now own three cameras and multiple lens (I heart the FUJIFILM X-A2). I take pictures pretty much everyday and am always working on improving!
I haven’t had any “formal” photography training beyond what I’ve gleaned online via courses, books and helpful tips from photographer friends (thanks Crissy!). My pictures have improved leaps and bounds over the years. Most importantly, I’m having fun doing it.
I have to show you a couple of my first food photos I took when I got my first DSLR for Christmas in 2011…..I was using the Auto setting with the flash. Eep.
Oh Spaghetti pie. Awesome recipe. Awful picture. This was where I started with food photography. You have to start somewhere.
Would you like an Oreo Cupcake? Probably not right? This picture doesn’t look very appetizing at all. My feelings won’t be hurt, be honest!
These days, I’m using Manual mode and am aware of important factors like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, focal points and more.
To compare, here are some of my recent photos of posts I’ve got coming up. I’m nowhere near a professional photographer, but I’ve come a long way since I started. I’ll take that.
Is photography something that interests you too? I’ve got good news to share. Ryan and Steph at Ultimate Bundles have put together an incredible product for people interested how to become a better photographer. It’s called The Ultimate Digital Photography Bundle (Beginner’s Edition) and it contains a curated collection of ebooks and video training guides to help you learn photography. And yes, of course I bought myself a copy! This is how I learn 🙂
All the resources have been provided by professional, world-renowned photographers who are experts in teaching others – even complete beginners. You won’t need to switch up to a more expensive camera to make full use of the bundle (even if you just use your iPhone for photographs), and you don’t need to neglect your family for weeks upon weeks of training! You can learn everything in little chunks – whenever you have a spare moment.
This bundle has a combined total value of $555, but for this week only, you can get the whole shebang for $37! That’s a discount of more than 90%! They are also throwing a FREE copy of FX Photo Studio Pro software from MacPhun (which provides stunning filters and photography effects) worth $29.99!
This post contains affiliate links.
Look at what’s included!
- Beginner Nikon Digital SLR (DSLR) Photography from JP Pullos at JP Teaches Photo (ARV $27)
- Beginner Canon Digital SLR (DSLR) Photography by JP Pullos at JP Teaches Photo (ARV $27)
- Photography Masterclass: Your Complete Guide to Photography from Phil Ebiner at Video School Online (ARV $199)
- Bokeh: Creating with Shallow Depths from Christopher O’Donnell at Christopher O’Donnell Photography (ARV $19)
- Shooting Shallow: Understanding Depth of Field from David Cleland at Flixel Pix (ARV $5.99)
- A Practical Guide to Exposure from Alister Benn at Available Light Images (ARV $10)
- Tasty Food Photography from Lindsay Ostrom at Pinch of Yum (ARV $29) ****highly recommended****
- Eat Pretty Things from Trisha Hughes at Eat Your Beets (ARV $29)
- The Unexpected Everyday from Courtney Slaznik at Click It Up a Notch (ARV $19)
- Powerful Imagery: The Photographer’s Insight from Mitchell Kanashkevich at Eye Voyage (ARV $16.90)
- Seeing the Light: Making the Most of Available Light and Minimal Equipment from Mitchell Kanashkevich at Eye Voyage (ARV $12)
- Time Is On Your Side: Exploring Long Exposure Photography from Scott Wyden Kivowitz (ARV $14.95)
- Metadata: Your Gift to the Future from Mary Moseley at Be Photo Wise (ARV $20)
- The Photographer’s Workflow from Gavin Gough (ARV $30)
- iPhone Only Photography from David Molnar (ARV $29)
- The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer by Katie Evans at Key to Pictures (ARV $39.95)
- Outdoor Flash Photography with Printable Pocket Guide from Charlie Borland at Charlie Borland Photography (ARV $7.99)
- Shooting in Manual Mode from Chantel Klassen at A Harvest of Blessing (ARV $20)
- BONUS – Macphun FX Photo Studio Pro
Whew! I told you it was a good deal. Buy all these awesome photography resources for beginners for just $37! Hurry – this sale ends on June 29th at 11:59 pm EST!