National Geographic Kids Summer Reading
We’re winding down the school year here in New York. Even though summer vacation is looming, I like to keep both my boys in the learning mode year round. During the summer we do a lot of reading together (especially when we’re stuck inside during the hottest days!), and I’m glad to have some new fun books on hand from National Geographic Kids Books that are both fun and educational.
National Geographic Kids Books sent us some neat books from their collection:
- Look & Learn: Bears ($6.99) – this is a great book for my 4-year-old little guy as it’s easy to follow along with, and it has some great pictures to go along with all the bear facts. The size is great for little hands too.
- National Geographic Readers: Lions ($3.99) – this is a Level 1 reader book, and my kindergartener can get by with a little help from me reading it along with him. This book has a lot of cool facts about Lions with pictures to go along.
- Chapters: Kangaroo To The Rescue! ($5.99) – this chapter book includes many true stories of different animal heroes – from pigs to dogs.
- Everything Birds of Prey ($12.99) – my big guy was especially excited about this book since he just had an event at school about birds of prey. The pictures in this book are incredible, and there are a lot of neat facts about these amazing creatures.
- Ponies & Horses Sticker Activity Book ($6.99) – this book we’ve passed along to my niece who loves ponies and horses. This book is packed with stickers and activities such as mazes and spelling games.
I love the quality of these books as much as I love the fact that they make learning fun. With great pictures that you’d expect from National Geographic, these books really give kids a close up look at the world that’s out there and makes learning interesting and fun. I have to say these books have taught me some new things too! You’re never too old to learn!
National Geographic Kids has also developed an amazing Super Reader site to complement their Readers series. It has prizes to reward reading effort, printable posters to help track progress, activities, quizzes, games and a whole lot more.
Gina is a working mom of two young boys, living in Westchester NY. She enjoys taking pictures, blogging and spending time with her boys in her spare time.