20 Books to Read about Mothers & Daughters
Some of my favourite books were about mothers and daughters. They remind me of my relationship with my own mother. It’s not perfect by any means, but I love her with all my heart. I know she feels the same way about me. My own love for my two daughters can’t be put into words. I would do anything for them and only want to see them happy. I now understand the hard choices my mom had to make raising me as I struggle with the same things now that I’m a mom.
Most recently, I read The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. It tells the story of an aunt, mother and her two grown daughters. I loved it so much that I thought I would look for other books that touch on the mother-daughter relationship. Mother’s Day is coming up next month and May is also the month we celebrate mom (though every month is the month of mom in my books). I’ve rounded up a list of 20 books to read about mothers & daughters, including my most recent read, The Island. I have a few of these books already on my TBR shelf.
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
- The Daughter by by Jane Shemilt
- The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth
- The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
- Fly Away by Kristin Hannah
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- The Mill River Redemption by Darcie Chan
- What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
- The Island by Elin Hilderbrand
- Porch Lights by Dorothea Benton Frank
- Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
- White Gardenia by Belinda Alexandra
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent
- Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout
- The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
Have you read any good books mothers and daughters?