How to Prepare for Holiday Guests
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I’m looking forward to spending time with family and friends over the holidays. I haven’t seen a few of my relatives in years and can’t wait to see how they’ve been. It’s been a long time coming! I also have a new house that everyone wants to see so I need to make sure it’s ready to impress. I plan to spend a good solid week doing some deep-cleaning before I decorate for Christmas. I’m not 100% sure yet, but it’s looking like we may have some guests staying at our place. My sister and her family plan to spend a few days here after Christmas.
It will be their first time staying here for an extended period of time so I want to make sure my home is comfortable and guest-ready. My sister is considered the “hostess with the mostess” and always goes all out for her guests. I want to return the favour! Good thing it’s not that hard to do and a few small touches can make a difference.
1. Add a scented holiday candle like a Febreze Sugared Cranberry Candle to a bed side table to make your guest bedroom smell sweet and inviting.
2. Wash all linen prior to your guests arrival and sprinkle Downy Unstopables into your washing machine so sheets smell fresh and clean for their entire stay.
3. Keep some Tide-To-Go Pens in your kitchen in case of the inevitable meal time mishap. You know that someone is going to spill their wine or drop the gravy boat all over themselves!
4. For the overload of dirty dishes you can expect from a house full of people, give your hands a treat with Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay. It cleans your dishes cutting grerase and also rejuvinates your hands (or your guests if they help) in just five washes.
5. Treat your guests with some travel sized toiletries so they don’t have to worry if they forgot to bring their own. It also makes their stay feel more “hotel-like”. Pamper them with Olay Body Wash, Olay Regenerist, Pantene Smooth or Pantene Volume.
6. Spray some Febreze Frosted Pine Air Effects around your house to make it smell fresh and festive. You may be noseblind, but your guests won’t be! I also keep a bottle in the bathrooms since they will be getting more use than normal.
How do you prepare for holiday guests?