For the most part, I’m all about comfy and casual. I’m pretty laidback when it comes to style and usually only glam it up for special occasions. The holidays are one of those times when I put an extra effort into my appearance and get all decked out in full make-up, hair and accessories. Plus, this year is extra special for me. I’ll be able to spend Christmas with my extended family! I haven’t been “home” for Christmas in over 5 years. And yes, I’ve already started thinking about what I’m going to wear.
On my nails, I’ll be sporting the newly released limited edition holiday nail lacquers inspired by the sassy style of singer, songwriter, designer, Gwen Stefani! I’ve been a huge fan of hers since her days with No Doubt and am loving the new Gwen Stefani Holiday for OPI collection. Well done!
This collection features a selection of red, maroon, burgundy, forest green and glittery silver, golds and blacks. I’m in nail lacquer heaven and it’s hard to figure out which one to wear first!
I love that they went beyond the red and green hues typically associated with Christmas. They have a little bit of everything – glitzy and glamour, classic and demure sprinkled with some holiday cheer. I’m planning my outfits around the colour of nail lacquer I want to wear!
Check out all the shades in the collection!
- Just BeClaus: This magnificent maroon came into my life just in the “nick” of time.
- Kiss Me – or Elf!: There’s no denying the allure of this amorous red violet.
- I Carol About You: I just fa-la-la-la-love this deep royal purple!
- Christmas Gone Plaid: I sure am plaid I found this tree-mendous forest green.
- In a Holidaze: I’m dizzy-in-love with this maroon beauty.
- Love is Hot and Coal: Turn the heat up with this deep grayish brown.
- Fashion a Bow: So busy – all tied-up today loving this bright reddish-orange!
- Cinnamon Sweet: Sugar and spice…this deep, warm red is everything nice.
- What’s Your Point-settia?: So what if I think this is the one truly perfect holiday red?
- Red Fingers & Mistletoes: This smooch-worthy red shimmer is holiday-perfect.
- First Class Desires: This mélange of gold and eggplant shimmer is #1 on my wish list.
- Sleigh Parking Only: Tell the valet to take good care of this exclusive dark burgundy.
- Rollin’ in Cashmere: Wooln’t you just love wearing this warm, luxurious gold?
- Unfrost My Heart: The shimmery cool glamour of this gleaming silver is beyond hot!
- I’ll Tinsel You In: Black and white confetti and fine glitter adorn this ornamental glitter.
- Snow Globetrotter: Shake up your world with this glitter swirling with white and rainbow flakes.
- Comet in the Sky: Iridescent beams and midnight black create cosmic art in this glitter.
- So Elegant: Black and chrome confetti add sophisticated drama to this glitter.
The first shade I was immediately drawn to was In a Holidaze. It’s a dark rich red with a hint of maroon and will add a pop of colour to a black dress.
This collection is now in professional spas and salons for an SRP of $11.50 each. Pick up a few of your faves to wear or for a stocking stuffer for a loved one.
Which colour in the collection is your favourite?
Make sure to enter my giveaway to win the collection!