Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product. This post contains affiliate links.
A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of introducing you to a wonderful subscription box service called FabFitFun. I received their Spring 2014 box for review and was thrilled with the selection of products that I received. If you were on the fence about signing up based on that review, let me show you what’s in their Summer 2014 box – I think you’ll want to start your subscription today!
FabFitFun is a subscription box that you receive four times a year (one box per season) and each box includes an amazing selection of beauty, fashion, fitness, and wellness items. The items in every box are handpicked by Giuliana Rancic and the FabFitFun team. Each season’s box is $49.99, but offers you a value way beyond that price tag. I received the 2014 Summer Edition FabFitFun box for review and it included:
* Sonya Dakar Flash Facial – I’ve never tried a product like this before, so I was glad to have the opportunity to try something new to me in both brand and type of product. This is a great treat for your skin, and it works in a matter of minutes! All you do is apply, wait 1-2 minutes for it to set, and then wipe off. This product retails for $95.
* pur-lisse pur-protect SPF 30 – I’m a big believer in wearing sunscreen everyday, so I’m always happy to add another tube to my arsenal! The great benefit of this brand is that it’s not only a great way to protect your skin from the sun, it’s also an anti-aging moisturizer. I found this product to be lightweight and non-greasy, and a great size to throw in any makeup/travel bag. This size tube sells for $55.
* Thursday Friday Away Mini Clutch/Makeup Bag – such a cute bag, perfect for throwing in your purse or overnight bag. It’s roomy and I was able to fit all my makeup and skin products in this bag for my recent three-day family getaway. This would make the perfect clutch to hold your essentials at a summer wedding, or a more formal summer party. I was able to fit my iPhone, money, and some makeup in mine with room to spare. At retail, this bag is $35. Also included in this box was a discount card for any future purchases on the Thursday Friday site.
* Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil – this hair oil promises to fight summer frizz without weighing down your hair using a blend of argan, jojoba and tamanu oils. The retail on this product is $25.
* FabFitFun Water Infuser BPA-Free Water Bottle – my husband and I just bought two new infuser pitchers to make our own blends of flavored water at home, so I was thrilled to receive a bottle that I could use to enjoy the refreshing taste of infused water while on the go! I get so bored of plain water after a while, and it’s a real (healthy) treat to be able to infuse natural flavors without chemicals. There are so many tasty possibilities with this type of bottle. This bottle retails for $15.
* Zoya Nail Polish – I love the summery color of this polish, and I love that it’s vegan-friendly and long-wearing. Great for a nice pop of color on your hands or feet for the summer season. This polish sells for $9.
* KISSTIXX Lip Balm – this is a fun product that’s meant to share. I received a chocolate and strawberry combo in this lip balm, and both smell and taste yummy. The two flavors are meant to “mix when you kiss” – and bonus, SPF 15 to protect your lips! A set retails for $5.99. I also received a discount card for this product for future orders.
* POPchips – I’m not new to POPchips, so I knew I was going to love this addition to the box! I received a sample of the sea salt and vinegar flavor. This snack-size bag sells for $1.29 and is the perfect size for your lunch bag for work, or to throw in a travel bag to enjoy a healthy snack on the go.
* Skintimate Shave Gel – another summer essential! This 2.75oz size if perfect for travel. I’ve been using the Skintimate brand for years – I’ve found it to be the best brand for my sensitive skin. I also love the yummy smell of this Raspberry Rain version. This size gel sells for $1.99.
* Always Xtra Protection Long Daily Liners – these liners promise to keep you fresh and dry with its LeakGuard Core. These are great for everyday use. This pack retails for $1.50.
* Slimfast Have Your Cake…Meal Bar – I’ve had Slimfast meal bars before, but never this flavor. I’m a big meal bar fan, and this one was certainly a nice treat. A box of these bars sells for $5.49.
I think the 2014 Summer Edition box is a great mix of items. I found them all to be useful and a good fit for my lifestyle. There was a information card included in the box that outlined exactly what each product is, and how best to use it. The card also showed the grand total of the products in the box to be $245.77 – well worth the $49.99 price of the box. I was a fan of this subscription service after experiencing the spring box, but this summer box really blew me away. To start your subscription, click on the link above and use the code Simply10FFF at checkout for $10 off a summer box!
With this service, you can choose a quarterly subscription in which you’ll be billed $49.99 per box, or you can choose an annual subscription where you prepay $179.99 for a year worth of boxes, saving $20 off the quarterly subscription. You can learn more about FabFitFun on their site (where you can also see the contents of previous season’s boxes).