#LentilHunter Contest + Twitter Party
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
It’s time to celebrate Love Your Lentils month in Canada! Did you know that Canada is the world’s largest producer of lentils? Saskatchewan is the largest lentil-growing province and accounts for 95% of total Canadian lentil production! I didn’t realize this and we eat lentils often in our home. Not only are they tasty and versatile, but they are also very healthy. Lentils are an excellent source of fibre, protein, folate, iron and a good soure of selenium and zinc. I often add them to soup and rice dishes and sometimes, I’ll just eat them cooked on the stove top with a little bit of seasoning.
Green and red lentils are the most common types of lentils grown in Canada and I’ve tried both varieties. Also grown in Canada are black Beluga and French Green lentils which I haven’t had the opportunity to try yet.
Chef Michael Smith is one of Canada’ most well-known chefs and is the host of popular Food Network Canada shows like Chef Michaels Kitchen and Chef at Home. You may also recognize him as one of the judges on Chopped Canada. Chef Michael Smith is also a fan of lentils! He travels the world in search of the best lentil recipes on his new web series, Lentil Hunter!
How would you like to win a chance to meet Chef Michael Smith AND win a trip for two to Prince Edward Island to attend the Village Feast event from July 4th to 7th? Enter the #LentilHunter contest to win this amazing experience of a lifetime! Visit Love Your Lentils and spot the Mini-Chef in each LentilHunter with Chef Michael Smith webisode to enter.
This new five-part webseries features Chef Michael Smith as he travels to France, Italy, Morocco, India and Dubai in search of the best lentil recipes on the planet. Take a peek at the delicious lentil recipes Chef Michael Smith discovered on his travels including:
- Moroccan Lentils & Table Bread from Marrakech, Morocco
- Crispy Lentil Fritters from Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Gujarti Thali with Lentil & Basmati Rice from Ahmedabad, India
- Umbrian Lentils & Sausage from Norcia, Italy
- French Lentil Soufflé with Star Anise from Le Puy-En-Velay, France
The contest is open to Canada only and ends on May 31, 2014. Visit Love Your Lentils to enter and for more details. Best of luck everyone!
#LentilHunter Twitter Party
Join the #LentilHunter Twitter Party with Chef Michel Smith on May 13th at 9pm EST!
- Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Time: 9 to 10 pm EST
- Hashtag: #LentilHunter
- Host: @ChefMichaelSmth
- Moderators: @CdnLentils, @foodbloggersCA, @shesconnected
- Eligibility: Prizing for Canadians Only
- Three (3 ) Vanity bags (Value$40 each)
- Three (3) Carry on Bags- (Value $140 each)
- Three 3- Large suitcases (Value $220 each)
- Ten (10) – Signed by CMS ”Back to Basics: 100 Simple Classic Recipes with a Twist” by Chef Michael Smith – $32.00